Eclipse (Twilight Saga)

by Stephenie Meyer | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 9781904233916 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Vekiki of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 2/3/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Vekiki from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 03, 2009
I enjoyed this much more than book 2 in the series - I'm enjoying seeing how the relationships between Bella, Edward & Jacob grow particually.

BOOKRAY

Luckof - Canada, post intl <--- book here
Martjxox - italy, post europe

Same basics as books 1 & 2-
Keep it moving - try to post it on within 6 weeks of recieving it
JE when you get it, and again when you post it - let us know what you thought!
Enjoy!

Posting out tommorrow to first participant - I am posting this out a couple of weeks earlier than planned because i'm moving house and it made more sense to post it that pack it (my packing is quite un-organised and so the book may of taken a while to re-surface!!)

Journal Entry 2 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, February 07, 2009
Perfect timing Vekiki! Thank you muchly. Received this morning just after I finished New Moon!! *does a little dance* I am way too into these :S
Thought I was gonna have to wait 'till next week to get it, but no. Yey!
Shall be sending New moon off asap once the post office is open.

So in case you hadn't realised, started reading today! Shall be read, and sent off.

Journal Entry 3 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, February 23, 2009
Finished on Sat sent off to AgnesXNitt today.
My thoughts, really didne like this one. It took forever for anything to happen! And Bella/Edward makes me scream. Poor Jacob.
Tho I hear the next one is much better so still looking forward to that!

Hope you enjoy it more than I did AgnesXNitt.
Thanks again Vekiki!

Journal Entry 4 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 01, 2009
Yay! Received on Thursday after the postman failed miserably to get this tome through my obviously doomed mailbox. I really must see my landlady about that...
Anyway, retrieved from the Huntingdon Sorting Office along with some posters (emblazoned with the legend 'Keep Calm and Carry On' - reproduced from a WW2 original) for 'work'.
Thanks for posting on VampireQueen, greetings to the Principality on St. David's Day btw :)
I will try not to rush through this one as I know DitteL in Norway only just got 'Full Moon' last week from me.

Journal Entry 5 by AgnesXNitt from Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 15, 2009
I wish to be associated with the comments from the previous Bookcrosser - grrrr. Blimey, just get it done will you guys?
Poor, poor Jacob. And Bella was really quite annoying in this one, agonising over her love for Edward (who is giving me the creeps I have to say) and her so called love for Jacob.
C'mon, who hasn't been through unrequited love? I can understand that. But Bella knows/knew that Jacob can hear her thoughts and then goes and well, I don't want to spoil this for other readers, but please - Welcome to Selfish City Central, population Bella and Edward.
Other than that, nice to see Bella's gyroscopical Mother pop up again, and her Father finally start showing some parental responsibility.
I still feel for Jacob though!!
PM'ing DitteL for her new addy and will get this one off soonest.

Journal Entry 6 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Tuesday, March 24, 2009
The book has just arrived. I'll start reading it as soon as I finish my current read.

Journal Entry 7 by DitteL from Næstved, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Wednesday, April 08, 2009
OMG!!! Thought this book would never end, but it finally did. Like vampirequeen, I think that it took forever for anything to happen in this one and the story never realy evolved from where it ended in New Moon - the only thing it accomplished was for me to get even more annoyed with Bella. I can't understand why an author would want to create a main character which is so self-centered and annoying - I truely hope I wasn't as bad when I was a teenager.

Journal Entry 8 by DitteL at -- wild released somewhere in Storstrøms Amt, Storstrøms Amt Denmark on Thursday, April 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/9/2009 UTC) at -- wild released somewhere in Storstrøms Amt, Storstrøms Amt Denmark

Will start its travel to Australia either on saturday or next tuesday.

Journal Entry 9 by wodfest from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Arrived safely in the post today!
I will lock myself away as far as possible and devour it as quickly as possible so that I can pass it on.

Journal Entry 10 by wodfest from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, May 03, 2009
I finished this yesterday morning.
I am really enjoying these although I would have to agree with one of the journal entries on an earlier book in the series - not many of the plot twists are taking me by suprise.
I would have adored these books in my teens. I think it is a very difficult thing to make self-absorbed, obsessive teenagers sympathetic but I think Ms Meyer achieves it for me.

I also found an unpublished text that was meant to slot in between book 1 and 2 that made me more sympathetic to Edward. The lack of insight into his thoughts in book 1 and 2 made it a bit difficult to care about him.

... Although I do think Bella is chosing the wrong supernatural life partner (oh dear - who would have thought I would care).

I'll put this in the post tonight.

Journal Entry 11 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Monday, May 11, 2009
Adding to my MOUNT TBR

Journal Entry 12 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Quick update:

My friend finished reading the book. She really enjoyed it and is looking forward to readin the last in the series.

I have a few books ahead of this one but will start ASAP

Journal Entry 13 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 04, 2009
A quick update on my status with this book. I have started the book (only just) but the other two were quick reads and I hope to finish this quickly and get it posted to Snapdragongirl before Tuesday

Journal Entry 14 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Thursday, June 11, 2009
Well I missed my goal of posting before Tuesday as I had a review for work I had to finish over the weekend only to have my comments ignored - oh well.

I finished last night and as others have mentioned it seemed to be forever before things happended in this book.

I really do prefer Jacob to Edward.

I'm not sure if the author is doing a good job of creating a selfish main character or not. I am not sure I think she meant for Bella to come across as so selfish. After all the character is always so put out when people do things for her.

I have heard a bit of the plot for the next and have to say I am disappointed but maybe the piece I heard is only the prelude not the conclusion.

Journal Entry 15 by NMReader at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 11, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/11/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

My niece and I will mail when we run errands today or tomorrow.

Journal Entry 16 by snapdragongirl from Pasadena, Texas USA on Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Just went to the post office and came back with this. Thanks!

Journal Entry 17 by snapdragongirl at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA on Monday, June 29, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/29/2009 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Jersey USA

Sent the book on to Hereticcoy this afternoon.

USPS Delivery Confirmation #:
0309 1140 0001 6471 3046

As far as this book is concerned, I think the characters Bella and Edward seem to understanding. Edward especially. As strange as it sounds, I think the book may have been improved if there was a fight between Edward and Jacob. I also think Bella needs to stop leading Jacob on. I know she wants him around, but really, she keeps bringing him more pain by trying to be his friend and still being with Edward.

Journal Entry 18 by HSA-209781 from Howell, New Jersey USA on Sunday, July 05, 2009
Arrived on Thursday :)

Journal Entry 19 by HSA-209781 from Howell, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, July 07, 2009
I finished reading Eclipse last night. Bella's whiney behavior is really starting for bother me. It seems like she's never happy or satisfied. Also, what is wrong with Edward. I would not want to marry someone who was so utterly opposed to the idea.

I PM'd Chantie for her address so I can send off New Moon and Eclipse to her.

Journal Entry 20 by HSA-209781 at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, July 18, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/20/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Eclipse is packaged and ready to ship on Monday. Its on its way to Luckof :)

Journal Entry 21 by luckof from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Rec'd this safe and sound yesterday -- thank you! Still have to read the 1st two book s-- but promise not to hold up too long -- expecting Twilight any day...

Journal Entry 22 by luckof from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Friday, April 02, 2010
so sorry that I didn't journal this before..thought I did...Dont you wish you could just shake Bella to her senses? Cant wait for the next one...