The Lost World

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle | Pets & Animals |
ISBN: 0199538794 Global Overview for this book
Registered by CityOfLit1 on 2/9/2009
Journal Entry 1 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 09, 2009
Welcome to The Lost World Read 2009!

You’ve got hold of a book that is part of the UK’s largest reading campaign. We’re celebrating Arthur Conan Doyle’s 150th birthday and Charles Darwin’s bicentenary by bringing people across the UK together to read a classic adventure tale of a lost plateau, discovery and dinosaurs - The Lost World.

Investigative journalist Ed Malone joins a band of explorers sent to South America to prove that deep in the jungle there is a forgotten world where dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals still survive. What do they find - and will they make it home to tell the tale? It's the first Conan Doyle story featuring the larger-than-life Professor Challenger.

And, welcome to The Lost Book!

The Lost Book is a collaborative adventure in storytelling. It’s taking place online and anyone can join in. At its heart is an animated web series: the adventures of 21st century investigative journalist Aileen Adler.

There are loads of ways you can get involved and it won’t cost you anything. You can help us to write the story for the web series. You can join our special guest writer Jasper Fforde to reconstruct a stolen book in our weekly microstory competition. You can enter our soundtrack competition by creating your own music for the web series. You can produce your own animation.

And, you can read this book, tell us what you thought of it, give it away, and follow its journey. So join in, wherever you are, and have fun!

(Oh, and sometimes you’ll need a password to get into sections of www.thelostbook.net. Only people with a copy of this book will have the password, so these areas will be exclusive to you. The password is: the last word on page 150 of this book. Don’t forget!)

Journal Entry 2 by CityOfLit1 on Monday, February 09, 2009

Journal Entry 3 by TheLostBook at Model of Edinburgh in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 27, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (2/27/2009 UTC) at Model of Edinburgh in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

We left this book sitting by the sign on the Edinburgh model.

If you've found it - welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy The Lost World and then pass it on to continue its journey. It'd be great to find out where it has travelled to and read your review. You can stay completely anonymous if you prefer, or you can join BookCrossing (it's free) if you'd like to take part in this booklovers' community.

To find out more about the adventure of The Lost Book, go to the website at www.thelostbook.net and to read more about The Lost World and the reading campaign here in Edinburgh check out www.cityofliterature.com.

Journal Entry 4 by mrsplinter from not specified, not specified not specified on Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Found the book at 11am on 27/02/09 outside the Galleries in Edinburgh by the model of the city. I've brought the book back to London with me and plan to read it and then release it.