The Lost World (Quick Read Edition)

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by CityOfLit1 on 2/4/2009
Journal Entry 1 by CityOfLit1 on Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Journal Entry 2 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Welcome to The Lost World Read 2009!

You’ve got hold of a book that is part of the UK’s largest reading campaign. The quick read edition has been created especially for The Lost World Read - it's a version of The Lost World which features the highlights of the story. The cover stars are the adventurous duo Wallace & Gromit.

In The Lost World investigative journalist Ed Malone joins a band of explorers. They go to South America to prove that deep in the jungle there is a forgotten world where dinosaurs still survive. What do they find - and will they make it home to tell the tale?

And, welcome to The Lost Book!

The Lost Book is a collaborative adventure in storytelling. It’s taking place online and anyone can join in. At its heart is an animated web series: the adventures of 21st century investigative journalist Aileen Adler.

There are loads of ways you can get involved and it won’t cost you anything. You can help us to write the story for the web series. You can write a book in our weekly microstory competition. You can enter our soundtrack competition by creating your own music for the web series. You can produce your own animation.

And, you can read this book, tell us what you thought of it, give it away, and follow its journey. So join in, wherever you are, and have fun!

(Oh, and sometimes you’ll need a password to get into sections of www.thelostbook.net. Only people with a copy of this book will have the password, so these areas will be just for you. The password is: the first word on page 9 of this book. Don’t forget!)

Released 12 yrs ago (2/4/2009 UTC) at Scotch Malt Whisky Society, The Vaults, Leith in Leith, Scotland United Kingdom

This will be left at The Vaults tonight.

If you've found it - welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy The Lost World and then pass it on to continue its journey. It'd be great to find out where it has travelled to and read your review. You can stay completely anonymous if you prefer, or you can join BookCrossing (it's free) if you'd like to take part in this booklovers' community.

To find out more about the adventure of The Lost Book, go to the website at www.thelostbook.net and to read more about The Lost World and the reading campaign here in Edinburgh check out www.cityofliterature.com.

Journal Entry 4 by technoboy from Market Bosworth, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, February 06, 2009
I woke up to find it on the floor. It was not there the night before. I think it must have been the book fairy! Either that or my Daddy was in The Vaults and brought it home. I'm not sure I believe in the book fairy but I'm looking forward to reading the book.

CAUGHT IN EDINBURGH SCOTLAND UNITED KINGDOM

Journal Entry 5 by technoboy from Market Bosworth, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 05, 2009
We read this book at bed time and I re releasid it outside my friends house before going to school.