The Lost World

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle | Pets & Animals |
ISBN: 0199538794 Global Overview for this book
Registered by CityOfLit1 on 2/11/2009
Journal Entry 1 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Welcome to The Lost World Read 2009!

You’ve got hold of a book that is part of the UK’s largest reading campaign. We’re celebrating Arthur Conan Doyle’s 150th birthday and Charles Darwin’s bicentenary by bringing people across the UK together to read a classic adventure tale of a lost plateau, discovery and dinosaurs - The Lost World.

Investigative journalist Ed Malone joins a band of explorers sent to South America to prove that deep in the jungle there is a forgotten world where dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals still survive. What do they find - and will they make it home to tell the tale? It's the first Conan Doyle story featuring the larger-than-life Professor Challenger.

And, welcome to The Lost Book!

The Lost Book is a collaborative adventure in storytelling. It’s taking place online and anyone can join in. At its heart is an animated web series: the adventures of 21st century investigative journalist Aileen Adler.

There are loads of ways you can get involved and it won’t cost you anything. You can help us to write the story for the web series. You can join our special guest writer Jasper Fforde to reconstruct a stolen book in our weekly microstory competition. You can enter our soundtrack competition by creating your own music for the web series. You can produce your own animation.

And, you can read this book, tell us what you thought of it, give it away, and follow its journey. So join in, wherever you are, and have fun!

(Oh, and sometimes you’ll need a password to get into sections of www.thelostbook.net. Only people with a copy of this book will have the password, so these areas will be exclusive to you. The password is: the last word on page 150 of this book. Don’t forget!)

Journal Entry 2 by CityOfLit1 on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Journal Entry 3 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, February 12, 2009
This book is going to travel to Kigi in Essex, then to T02S03B11D20 in the USA. When T02S03B11D20's finished reading the book will be wild released.

If you've picked it up - welcome to BookCrossing! I hope you enjoy The Lost World and then pass it on to continue its journey. It'd be great to find out where it has travelled to and read your review. You can stay completely anonymous if you prefer, or you can join BookCrossing (it's free) if you'd like to take part in this booklovers' community.

Journal Entry 4 by TheLostBook at By Post, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 12, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (2/12/2009 UTC) at By Post, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to Kigi in Essex. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by Kigi from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, February 19, 2009
Arrived safely - thanks.

A great story. I had read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories as a teenager but strangely had never tried the lost world.

To be posted to TO2SO3B11D20.

Journal Entry 6 by Kigi at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (3/18/2009 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Posted to T02S03B11D20

Journal Entry 7 by T02S03B11D20 from Springport, Michigan USA on Thursday, May 14, 2009
WOW! I hadn't realized that it would take such a long time to get here! Just received in the mailbox today. As soon as I read it, I will wild release it, as promised!

Journal Entry 8 by T02S03B11D20 at Dairy Queen in Charlotte, Michigan USA on Thursday, April 15, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (4/15/2010 UTC) at Dairy Queen in Charlotte, Michigan USA

Welcome to Bookcrossing! And thank you for finding my book and taking the time to make an entry, telling me of it's travels. This is a fun site to be at, many fun things to do. I hope you decide to become a member. If you do, you have the option of using T02S03B11D20 as your referring member. Remember, it is totally free! Please take the time to explore the site. Have a great day!

Left on the bench in the back of the store.