The Broker

by John Grisham | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by FrancesinSA on 1/25/2009
Journal Entry 1 by FrancesinSA on Sunday, January 25, 2009
Bought at book exchange but I've read it before.
In his final hours in the Oval Office the outgoing President grants a controversial last minute pardon to Joel Backman, a notorious Washington power broker who has spent the last six years hidden away in a federal prison. What no one knows is that the President issues the pardon only after receiving enormous pressure from the CIA. It seems that Backman may have obtained secrets that compromise the world's most sophisticated satellite system.
Backman is smuggled out of the country in a military cargo plane, given a new name and a home in italy. Eventually, the Cia will leak his whereabouts to the Israelis, Russians, Chinese and Saudis. The question is will backman survive - and who will kill him?

Journal Entry 2 by FrancesinSA at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa on Monday, April 19, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (4/19/2010 UTC) at Sasolburg, Free State South Africa

I will post this today to readingtrix, who chose it in my South Africa only rabck.

Journal Entry 3 by readingtrix from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Friday, April 30, 2010
My husband and I both enjoy this author so thanks very much FrancesinSA!
This novel will be read and passed on but maybe not soon.