The Dead Cat Bounce: A Home Repair is Homicide Mystery

by Sarah Graves | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 055357857x Global Overview for this book
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 1/24/2009
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, January 24, 2009
From the back cover: "Since she bought her rambling old fixer-upper of a house, Jacobia Tiptree has gotten used to finding things broken. But her latest problem isn't so easily repaired. Along with the rotting floor joists and sagging support beams, there's the little matter of the dead man in Jake's storeroom, an ice pick firmly planted in his cranium."
This is the first book in this series which I enjoy so much. a good read with great characters.

Released 10 yrs ago (4/14/2009 UTC) at Our Town Cafe, 245 E. Broadway in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Released at the meet-up tonight. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Strude from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, April 16, 2009
Picked this up at meetup. It's a sort of cross between The Money Pit and Great Expectations and I enjoyed it very much indeed. I particularly liked the descriptions of the rage she felt against her ex-husband. She has to engage in some sort of physical work to prevent herself from grabbing his throat with felonious intent. It's nice to know that the house in the book is the house the author lives in - an 1823 federal - although I found the layout a little difficult to envisage. The map at the front was very useful and I hope they put it into later books in the series.

Journal Entry 4 by Strude at Port Moody , British Columbia Canada on Thursday, April 16, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/16/2009 UTC) at Port Moody , British Columbia Canada

Have given this to a financial planning friend, with instructions not to start it until everyone's income tax is done! The wilder realms of money management should provide a tension release after the fun and games of April.