A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1)

by Lynsay Sands | Romance |
Registered by irishlass1953 of on 1/21/2009
Journal Entry 1 by irishlass1953 at Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Private release from Terryville, CT to Villa Rica GA

Journal Entry 2 by irishlass1953 at Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Friday, January 23, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (1/22/2009 UTC) at Villa Rica, Georgia USA

Sent this to flossie771.

Journal Entry 3 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Saturday, January 24, 2009
The book arrived safely today. I can't wait to read it. Thanks Irishlass1953 for the great trade....one of my wishlist books to boot! Thank's again.

Journal Entry 4 by Flossie771 from Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Thursday, April 16, 2009
Reserving this book for sfogs after I read it.

I finished reading this weekend, so I am getting it ready to mail to sfogs. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by Flossie771 at Villa Rica, Georgia USA on Monday, April 20, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (4/20/2009 UTC) at Villa Rica, Georgia USA

I am sending this out from the post office today.

Journal Entry 6 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, April 26, 2009
WOW IT'S ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*jumps around room in a crazed manner for half an hour*
Yay!! I'll read it in between study!
Thank You! flossie771 for sending it to me!
Thanks irishlass1953 for sending it to flossie to send on to me...!!!!!

Journal Entry 7 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Loved it!!
I'm compleatly hooked to Lynsay Sand's novels!!!!!
Thanks everyone!
I'll make this one into a bookray.

Journal Entry 8 by Sfogs at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (6/9/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand

Given to my sister to read.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, June 12, 2009
Okay book, but not sure about the plot.

CAUGHT IN CHRISTCHURCH CANTERBURY NEW ZEALAND

Journal Entry 10 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 12, 2009
I'll put it up for a bookray!

People interested so far;

Mozette -Australia (Post Int'l)
mummafour -Australia (Post Int'l)
HunterRyu -USA (Int'l or US)
Bkind2books -USA (US or Int'l post)
vampirequeen -UK (Europe post preffed)
Tsjara -Netherlands (Int'l or Europe post)
Schneefee -Germany (Int'l or German post)
DEESSE -France (Int'l, France or German post)

Last person can Re-bookray it or send it as RABCK!

Journal Entry 11 by Sfogs at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Thursday, June 18, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (6/18/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand

Starting the bookray!
On it's way to Mozette in Australia!

Journal Entry 12 by Mozette from Logan City, Queensland Australia on Monday, June 29, 2009
Oh my Gaaaawwwwddd! It made it! I've been looking forward to this book since Sfogs asked me if I'd like to be in this bookray! And as soon as she asked, I've been peering into my PO Box pining away for the blue or red slip of paper to let me know of its arrival... and now it's here I can't wait to get my nose into the pages of this book!

Thank you Sfogs for letting me onto this bookray! :[

Journal Entry 13 by Mozette at Slacks Creek, Queensland Australia on Monday, July 13, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (7/21/2009 UTC) at Slacks Creek, Queensland Australia

I posted this little book off to the next person on the list on Saturday... earlier than what I planned this week. So, it should be arriving soon.

However, I did finish this one last Friday night/Saturday morning (around 12:30am Sat morning) and so I thought to be good and let you all know of my situation instead of leaving you hanging in the breeze.

Happy Reading.

Journal Entry 14 by mummafour from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, July 27, 2009
Thanks Mozette I picked this up from the post office this morning. I will start reading this tonight. Thank you also for the cute mobile charm :)

Journal Entry 15 by mummafour from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, August 23, 2009
I have never read a Lynsay Sands book before so i wasn't sure what to expect. Well I loved this book and I really enjoyed all the characters because they kept you really entertained.Thanks for sharing this book :)

I have sent HunterRyu a couple of Pms and i have just done an iso in the bookring/ray forum so I will wait a couple more days before I move on to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 16 by mummafour from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Friday, August 28, 2009
Posted to HunterRyu This morning :)

Journal Entry 17 by HunterRyu from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, September 10, 2009
Received safely, will read and pass along as soon as I can, but it will take a couple weeks. Sorry for the delay I am afraid I will cause but I definitely look forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 18 by HunterRyu from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, January 10, 2010
I am so sorry for stalling out this book. It got knocked back behind some other things and I only just found it again. So so so so soooo sorry! I will read it right away and send along ASAP. Thank you for your patience!

Journal Entry 19 by HunterRyu at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Sunday, January 31, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (1/31/2010 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Mailing this off to the next person on the list. Thanks for sharing!

~~~~
I found falling in love that quickly to be a liiiiittle bit silly, but it happens in most romance novels so I can forgive it. I was really intrigued by the different take on vampirism, not something I've seen before and there's been a lot of different vampire versions lately. I totally figured out who the "bad guy" attacker person was right away, it wasn't hidden very well. Overall I enjoyed this story and am glad I could share it with you all! Happy reading!

Journal Entry 20 by wingBkind2bookswing from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Sunday, February 07, 2010
Arrived safely today - will move it to the top of my TBR pile. Thanks!

Journal Entry 21 by wingBkind2bookswing from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Cute - I have read other books in this series and this one is not the best of the bunch. Nevertheless, it is cute and enjoyable. I did find that the solution the family had for Lissi's blood phobia was cumbersome to say the least. They were feeding her through an IV for close to 50 years and NO ONE thought to just have her close her eyes and feed from the bag?? It was the first thing I thought of. Other than that, most of the story was fun. Like Hunter, I thought the 'bad guy' was very apparent, almost from the start.

Will get moving as soon as I can - I'm home from work sick today. I have the next address so should get moving by the weekend.

Journal Entry 22 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, February 12, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (2/12/2010 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Mailed to vampirequeen this afternoon. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 23 by vampirequeen from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, February 21, 2010
Received in the post yesterday, looks like a fun read, shall be read soon I reckons. Thanks guys for hosting and sending it on.

Journal Entry 24 by vampirequeen at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (3/23/2010 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sent off by royal mail today.
Thanks for hosting!

Journal Entry 25 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Arrived here safely today. Thanks vampirequeen for sending and for your lovely card! ^-^
This sounds like a fun read, will start reading it soon, maybe tonight :)
Thanks for organizing the ray Sfogs!

Journal Entry 26 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 21, 2010
This was a quick, fun read :) At first I didn't really like it, some of the writing sounded kind of awkward (with all that explaining - though the thing with the nano's is quite interesting/different). Oh and the thing with the IV annoyed me too, I mean isn't closing your eyes a rather obvious solution? (and who the 'bad guy' was, was also quite obvious :p). But it was still an enjoyable story and it did keep me reading.. ^-^

Journal Entry 27 by Tsjara at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (4/21/2010 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Mailed to Schneefee today :)

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 28 by Schneefee from Hagen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, May 02, 2010
Oh, wat een leuke kartje! :-) Maar ik wil dat boek nooit op vakatie meenemen, je kun niet so goed met Vampires in de zon liggen...
The book was waiting for me when I came back from Florence this weekend. Although I'm actually still reading another book I'll start this one immediately... I'm lacking vampires for quite a while.

Journal Entry 29 by Schneefee at Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, May 25, 2010
I totally agree to everything Tsjara wrote!
It was a nice read, but nothing special that would keep me hooked to the series. But thanks for sharing, I spent some relaxed hours with that book.

Journal Entry 30 by DEESSE at Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, June 14, 2010
I found the book today in my mailbox at school - thanks for sending.
I have two other bookrings to read before but I'll try to hurry.

Journal Entry 31 by DEESSE at Erstein, Alsace France on Sunday, October 24, 2010
Sorry that it took so long, but as I'm the last in the ray I thought it's OK.

I also agree with everything that Bekind2books and Tsjara wrote - it was an enjoyable read, but nothing more. It was the first book of this series that I read and I quite liked the idea of the life-mate, as well as the way all the family members cared for each other.

I'll lend this book to a colleague who is quite into vampires and who is sick at the moment - to cheer her up a bit.
Then I'll try to find some more interested readers in the forums.

Journal Entry 32 by DEESSE at Germany, A Colleague -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 08, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (11/8/2010 UTC) at Germany, A Colleague -- Controlled Releases

On its way to my colleague. Happy reading! (And get well soon!)

Journal Entry 33 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Offenburg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, December 31, 2010
Sorry it took me so long to read this book! But as my colleague said: I've been seriously ill and my eyes have been hurting after only a few pages...
I liked the book - although it is not as good as the twilight saga ;) If you are into vampires you should probably read and enjoy it.
Giving it back to DEESSE at the end of the christmas holidays.

Journal Entry 34 by DEESSE at Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, February 07, 2011
The book is back with me! Will travel on today to "entengrütze".

New ray:
1. entengrütze (Germany)
2. Niksu (Finland)

Journal Entry 35 by DEESSE at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Monday, February 07, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (2/7/2011 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On its way to entengrütze - enjoy!

Journal Entry 36 by entengrütze at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, February 14, 2011
Thanks a lot! The book arrived safely - I'll try to read asap but here is still lying a ring book in front of me...

update 21.03.11: I just finished the book and for me it was a good, nice read - I already knew some other books of this series but only read them in German

Journal Entry 37 by entengrütze at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (3/23/2011 UTC) at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

the book is now on its way to Niksu in Finland - have a good read!

Journal Entry 38 by wingNiksuwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Ist gut angekommen, danke fürs Schicken entengrütze!

The book is here, thanks entengrütze! As I'm last one in the ray I'm not taking any hurry to read it. But once I've done that I'll pass the book forward.

Journal Entry 39 by wingNiksuwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I read this over the Easter holidays and it was just what I needed after a tough work week. A good, light read, maybe the beginning of the book promised a bit more than what I actually got but nevertheless the book was ok for mindless read. We’ll see will I like to read the others in the series, it feels I might give those a miss, though.

Thanks for the mini-ray DEESSE. The book shall continue it's travels.

8.5.2011: The book is now reserved for Bookwormess.

Journal Entry 40 by wingNiksuwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, May 14, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (5/14/2011 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I gave the book to BW at the recycling event where we Helsinki-Bookcrossers had a stand.

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 41 by bookwormess at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 16, 2011
Thanks Niksu! Wow, this book has travelled. :) I have the third book in the series, now I need the second too.. This will go to my TBR's for now.

Journal Entry 42 by bookwormess at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Sunday, May 15, 2016
Doing some Spring cleaning and I think it's time to let go of huge amount of books that have been in my bookshelf for years. Books, that I have picked up many times but yet put them back. Books, that have moved houses quite many times. Books, that represent a genre I've grown out of past years.

Journal Entry 43 by bookwormess at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Monday, May 29, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (5/30/2017 UTC) at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland

The book will travel to Tindelitinda. Hope you'll enjoy it!

******************
Congratulations, you've found a book I released in the wild. It's yours now - you can keep it, give to someone you now or release it back in the wild. Thank you for letting me know you've found it! If you want, you're welcome to join Bookcrossing.com. :)

Journal Entry 44 by wingTindelitindawing at Raahe, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, June 06, 2017
Oh my -- I'm stunned after reading the travel journal of this book! The book has really been 'in air' . But now the little adventurer is some time in Finland, it travelled 'only' from Kotka to Raahe. Thanks, Bookwormess!