Atlantis Found (Dirk Pitt)

by Clive Cussler | Audiobooks |
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 1/14/2009
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Bought this from a used book sale at a local library.

4 tapes/6 hours
Abridged

A Dark Pitt Novel

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, January 23, 2009
Adding this to my bookbox ray: Earreading Audiobooks on Cassette Bookbox #1

I hope whoever finds it, enjoys it!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, April 16, 2009
It's fun to read one of Dirk Pitt's adventures once in a while. I think I might have read this one, but it a ways back, so it should be fine.

Taken from KateKintail's Audiobooks on Cassette Bookbox with thanks!

Here's a paper copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 17, 2009
Yep, I did read it. As I was listening, bits & pieces started coming back to me.

Odd what jumps out at you in audio. Cussler would've done better not to name one of the characters Pat: "Pitt turned to Pat", "Pat said to Pitt", etc. - sounds a bit odd.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time that the author (the "old guy") has made a cameo appearance in one of his his own books.

Oh, and just in case it isn't clear to readers that Dirk Pitt lives in a slightly different universe than ours, there's a little aside about King Charles - in this world his mother (Queen Elizabeth II) finally abdicated in his favor in 2001!

This will probably go off in the next audiobook box that comes through.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/9/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Going traveling in carlissa's cassette audio bookbox.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 6 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, September 06, 2009
I picked this out of Carlissa's Cassette Audio Bookbox. A certain BCer got me hooked on Clive Cussler's adventure stories and I was pleased to see this one in the box.

Journal Entry 7 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Friday, December 11, 2009
Another Cussler action packed adventure under my belt. This was actually the first Dirk Pitt adventure that I've experienced. I have only read the ones revolving around the flamboyant Juan Cabrillo. So, it was nice to be introduced to another one of Clive Cussler's characters.

I liked the idea of the lost civilization of Atlantis buried under the ice cap of Antarctica as a result of a long ago comet hitting the earth and changing the atmosphere. Then throw in a Nazi Germany genetic experiment that produces a "perfect family" that feels they have the power and intelligence to destroy the life we know. A combination that surely puts Pitt and his crew through the gauntlet. A fun listen for those who love high adventure.

Journal Entry 8 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, January 07, 2010
I'm placing this in sp4home's Cassette Audio Bookbox. Happy Travels and I home you find a fun place to land.

Journal Entry 9 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, February 21, 2011
This is going into the Audio Bookbox Ray. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 10 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, April 23, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/23/2016 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

I'm putting this one in my "Cassettes Are Still Alive" bookbox. Happy Travels!