Hood

by Emma Donoghue | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by boreal of Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on 1/13/2009
Journal Entry 1 by boreal from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Tuesday, January 13, 2009
It's been a while since I read it but I enjoyed it.

Released 10 yrs ago (1/19/2009 UTC) at 2009 - Christchurch, New Zealand, BookCrossing Convention -- Controlled Releases

For convention purposes

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I couldn't resist diving straight into the boxes. So many treasures!!! I have to keep telling myself there's no way I can read all of the interesting ones before April...

This one's on my wishlist, though, so I'm nabbing it :-)

v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Emma Donoghue is rapidly becoming one of my favourite authors. Not only does she have a wonderfully fluid style, but every novel I've read of hers has been so different from the others.

In this one, a woman who has hidden her long-term lesbian relationship from friends and family is suddenly widowed, and discovers that in order for people to acknowledge her grief, she's going to have to reveal that she's lost more than a friend.

Great book!

v

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at Alice in Videoland in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, May 31, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/30/2009 UTC) at Alice in Videoland in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left in the entrance.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.