The Lost World

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle | Pets & Animals |
ISBN: 0199538794 Global Overview for this book
Registered by CityOfLit1 on 1/21/2009
Journal Entry 1 by CityOfLit1 on Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Journal Entry 2 by TheLostBook from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Welcome to The Lost World Read 2009!

You’ve got hold of a book that is part of the UK’s largest reading campaign. We’re celebrating Arthur Conan Doyle’s 150th birthday and Charles Darwin’s bicentenary by bringing people across the UK together to read a classic adventure tale of a lost plateau, discovery and dinosaurs - The Lost World.

Investigative journalist Ed Malone joins a band of explorers sent to South America to prove that deep in the jungle there is a forgotten world where dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals still survive. What do they find - and will they make it home to tell the tale? It's the first Conan Doyle story featuring the larger-than-life Professor Challenger.

And, welcome to The Lost Book!

The Lost Book is a collaborative adventure in storytelling. It’s taking place online and anyone can join in. At its heart is an animated web series: the adventures of 21st century investigative journalist Aileen Adler.

There are loads of ways you can get involved and it won’t cost you anything. You can help us to write the story for the web series. You can join our special guest writer to reconstruct a stolen book in our weekly microstory competition. You can enter our soundtrack competition by creating your own music for the web series. You can produce your own animation.

And, you can read this book, tell us what you thought of it, give it away, and follow its journey. So join in, wherever you are, and have fun!

(Oh, and sometimes you’ll need a password to get into sections of www.thelostbook.net. Only people with a copy of this book will have the password, so these areas will be exclusive to you. The password is: the last word on page 150 of this book. Don’t forget!)

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleSuzwing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 05, 2009
This was in my goody bag at the Uncon. Thanks very much to The Lost Book.

I read this a couple of month's back and to be honest, thought it was an 'OK' rather than a great book. However, I know there are many others who disagree with me on that.I shall be letting this copy travel soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at on Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (7/6/2009 UTC) at

Sent to someone who has this on their wishlist as part of summer gift giving.

Journal Entry 5 by rockyhorror1978 from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 10, 2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thanks for the book and many goodies from my Summer Wishlist. I'm looking forward to reading and releasing this book.

Journal Entry 6 by rockyhorror1978 from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 22, 2009
Finished today. A quick and easy read. I enjoyed the plot and it was interesting to see how Conan Doyle includes Darwin in (there were several mentions). What struck me while reading this book is the mystery that the Amazon held 100 years ago and the fact that it continues to do so. While we have yet to find dinosaurs in the Amazon, we continue to find new species that will probably be extinct in a few years because of clear cutting. I wonder if in a 100 years time this book will be a historical account of the awe and splendor of an extinct landscape.

Journal Entry 7 by rockyhorror1978 at Nashville, Illinois USA on Sunday, November 22, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (11/30/2009 UTC) at Nashville, Illinois USA

Being sent as a surprise RABCK! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by teeney from Nashville, Illinois USA on Monday, May 17, 2010
I can't wait to read this! Sorry it took me so long to journal.