Bare Behind (Nexus)

by Penny Birch | Home & Garden |
Registered by book-man-8 of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 1/8/2009
Journal Entry 1 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, January 08, 2009
This book is part of the "BM8 EROTIC BOOK SPIRAL".
Penny getting worse with every step! The "scene" with the punk-band taking revenge on her in the garden is really disgusting. But then again the abuse of Melody is a most funny thing! For really open-minded adults only!

Journal Entry 2 by book-man-8 at on Saturday, April 04, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/6/2009 UTC) at

The BM8 spiral is on the move again...

Journal Entry 3 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, April 27, 2009
This is one of the *many* spiral books that arrived in Athens while I was away on vacation. I will try to read them all as time permits.

Link to the spiral's journal.

Journal Entry 4 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Wednesday, May 20, 2009
There's a little bit of everything typically "Penny Birch" (the author) in this book. Some you know by now I don't care for, but mostly I did enjoy reading this volume, even if it is by now more or less a variation on a standard theme.

- The tension between attraction to/fear of Aunt Elain is almost endearing. Although "Penny" (the character) does wander off on reflections on the whys and wherefores* of this relationship, her analysis is not belaboured, eg. compared to that of Natasha Linnett's (eg. in Dirty Laundry).
- The 'Posh Bitch' subplot is ridiculous, but at least it has its funny moments. And I agree with Penny on the need to 'turn it around.'
- Another endearingly funny scene, when Penny pleads "Don't waste me, please." We do want to oblige you a.s.a.p., Penny.
- The highlight comes late in the story, as Penny is quietly preparing Melody for the dinner party. I appreciate the way the bathroom scene is narrated without dialogue.
- The dinner that follows is once again a farce; one doesn't know whether to laugh along with the giggling Penny, or to enjoy the smuttiness of it all.

BTW, can someone explain why the women on the Penny Birch covers bear no relation to the plot or characters of the book? No whip-wielding leatherclad women in this story...

*"My hypothesis was unworkable, just too simple, a conceptual framework wholly inadquate to cover all the ways people cope with their spanking needs."

-----
On its way to molekilby.