Old School

by Tobias Wolff | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bakerwhencan of San Francisco, California USA on 1/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by bakerwhencan from San Francisco, California USA on Monday, January 05, 2009
A short, very satisfying read for me.

Journal Entry 2 by bakerwhencan at San Francisco, California USA on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Released 12 yrs ago (1/26/2009 UTC) at San Francisco, California USA

Mailed to fellow bookcrosser who had this on a wishlist.

Journal Entry 3 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Thursday, January 29, 2009
Arrived in the mail this morning! Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Saturday, April 11, 2009
This book made the move with me from Nebraska to California. I quite enjoyed this story set in a boys boarding school. Though I was a bit confused by the direction it took at the end. Most of the story was told from a school boy while in school, but the last couple chapters were him in a later life and then the book ended with him telling the story of the school's dean. Rather an odd end I thought.

Enjoyable book. Interesting to read the chapter about Ayn Rand having just finished The Fountainhead last month!

Journal Entry 5 by jennannej at Coronado, California USA on Monday, December 07, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (12/4/2009 UTC) at Coronado, California USA

Pedalled my Schwinn over to the post office to drop of this package of books for another bookcrosser!

Journal Entry 6 by Bookish-Angel on Thursday, December 10, 2009
TBR. A nice "extra" in my trade with pedal-powered jennannej. This looks great and might go to St. Lucia with me over Christmas. Thanks!

I started this book but found it just did not engage me so I'll release it at work for a more appreciative reader to find.

Journal Entry 7 by Bookish-Angel at WCVE Studios @ 23 Sesame Street in Richmond, Virginia USA on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (12/15/2009 UTC) at WCVE Studios @ 23 Sesame Street in Richmond, Virginia USA

WIll leave on the employee book swap shelf in the atrium.