[RAY] PS, I Love You

by Cecelia Ahern | Romance |
Registered by turnpages of Faversham, Kent United Kingdom on 1/5/2009
Journal Entry 1 by turnpages from Faversham, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 05, 2009
Holly and Gerry had a perfect life, but then Gerry passes away on the eve of her 30th birthday, but he leaves her a bundle of notes to sort her life out after his death.

Tear-jerking, charming, heartfelt and funny!

Fantastic read!

Journal Entry 2 by turnpages from Faversham, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 14, 2009
This book has been advertised as a RAY.
These are the participants. The order is subject to changes to rationalise shipping costs for everyone...

1. hdc76 (UK)
2. angelamurdoch (UK)
3. okarih (UK; EU)
4. penelopewanders (Switzerland; EU)
5. christoffel (Netherlands; EU)
6. celia-giovanna (Netherlands; EU)
7. dutch-book (Netherlands; Intl.)
8. lilacwhisper (Italy; EU)
9. melamura (Italy; EU)
10. voveryte (UK; Intl.)
11. lauraloo29 (CAN; Intl.)
12. megtall (US; Intl.)
13. silvia-pco (Portugal; Intl.)
14. earthcaroleanne (Scotland; Intl.)
15. frangelle (UK; Intl.)
16. K1nS (UK; Intl.) <--- Book is here
17. solskinn (Austria; Intl.)

Journal Entry 3 by turnpages at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 19, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/19/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to the first reader in the Ray...

Journal Entry 4 by hdc76 from Liphook, Hampshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 22, 2009
Received this today - thanks very much. Will finish my current book and then read this one.

Journal Entry 5 by hdc76 from Liphook, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 01, 2009
I really enjoyed this book - it's a tear-jerker in places, but well-written, easy to read and funny too.

I am posting to Angela tomorrow.

Journal Entry 6 by lidlekiwi on Friday, February 06, 2009
Hi, it arrived today! I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 7 by lidlekiwi on Wednesday, March 11, 2009
A gentle read, with something for all the emotions! Moving in parts and funny in others, I thought it was a good first novel by someone who is relatively young.

THe movie doesn't compare to the movie. In fact the movie is terrible.
Not the best chick lit book I have read. I was disappointed with the end of this book. I really had hoped that Daniel and Holly would get together!
Perhaps the author will write a follow up book?!?! I dunno?

I am sending this book off to Mayu, actually since she lives freakishly close, I am going to pop it into her letter box later on today!

Journal Entry 8 by lidlekiwi at Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/11/2009 UTC) at Hammersmith and Fulham, Greater London United Kingdom

I am going to walk this book to Mayu, as she lives very close to me! It would be a waste to post it!

Hope you enjoy it Mayu!
xox

Journal Entry 9 by wingokarihwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Thanks, lidlekiwi, for hand-delivering the book! I'm glad it fit through the letter box!

Journal Entry 10 by wingokarihwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, March 19, 2009
I've heard a lot of good reviews for this book but I just couldn't get into it myself. I tried for 40-50 pages and I couldn't empathise with Holly so I have given up.... I did flick through to the end to see if she was ok at the end though.

Thank you for sharing the book, turnpages!

Journal Entry 11 by wingokarihwing at sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 21, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/21/2009 UTC) at sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent to penelopewanders today.

Journal Entry 12 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, March 26, 2009
Arrived safely here just days before I leave on a two week break - thanks so much for sending!

Journal Entry 13 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Saturday, March 28, 2009
A faster read than I expected... I wasn't quite sure what to expect of this book - I had had it on my TBR shelf for ages and then at Christmas my copy was stolen (along with many other things) out of a car transporting a big box of books to a holiday house (very sad!! all those great TBRs I was planning to hoard there for future enjoyment)... so when I saw this ring I figured I should sign up.
It was a lot funnier than I expected, and very moving at times. The ending with Daniel was a bit surprising, although he didn't deserve to be the "rebound guy" (hope this isn't a spoiler). Although I suppose it's realistic too.
I have PMed for the next address, but the book will wait here while I spend two weeks in the above-mentioned holiday house - I'll send it as soon as I return. Hope that's ok, it's a bit heavy and if I don't get the address I don't want to have to schlep the book to and fro, especially one I've already finished reading.

After a bit of a break in the Alps, this is now on its way to the Lowlands... Thanks so much for making this available, it was well worth the read!

Journal Entry 15 by christoffel from not specified, not specified not specified on Friday, April 24, 2009
And it arrived safely in the Netherlands with a nice postcard!

Journal Entry 16 by christoffel from not specified, not specified not specified on Sunday, May 03, 2009
I finished this book the day before yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing! I noticed that there are more readers in the Netherlands on the reading list, and asked turnpages by pm if it is OK to send this book to them first, to save on postage costs.

Released 10 yrs ago (5/4/2009 UTC) at The Netherlands, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

On its way to celia-giovanna by mail! Thanks to turnpages for changing the mailing order. Much appreciated!

Journal Entry 18 by celia-giovanna from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, May 05, 2009
What a surprise! The mailman delivered it this morning. I am going to read it!

Released 10 yrs ago (5/22/2009 UTC) at controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

Posted it to dutch-book!
I really liked reading it, such a touching story!

Journal Entry 20 by wingdutch-bookwing from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Monday, May 25, 2009
Received this book last week. Took some time to journal it, because I'm busy with my babygirl, who was born the 16th of May. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this read, started already and the beginning was very promising.

Journal Entry 21 by wingdutch-bookwing from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, June 03, 2009
I finally finished this book. Did enjoy it, but not so much as I thought I would. Not a bad read, though. I will PM lilacwhisper for his/her adress.

Journal Entry 22 by wingdutch-bookwing at Abcoude, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, June 12, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/12/2009 UTC) at Abcoude, Utrecht Netherlands

Today I've sent this book on to the next participant.

Journal Entry 23 by lilacwhisper from Piacenza, Emilia Romagna Italy on Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Here it is! I've just found this nice book outside the door of my flat, I can't look forward to reading it. Actually, I'm a bit busy with my next university exam, but I do promise I'll start reading next week, right after I've taken it.
Many thanks!

Journal Entry 24 by lilacwhisper from Piacenza, Emilia Romagna Italy on Monday, July 27, 2009
Do husbands like Gerry exist? I don't know, but Holly's husband surely seems extraordinary. The little game he invents during his last months of life will turn successful: Holly will finally find a reasons for getting up from her bed, leaving home and thinking positive after Gerry's death. She'll start a new, more indipendent bright life.
It's good to read about Holly's rebirth, from the karaoke night (God, I felt upset on her behalf when I read about her locking into the toilette!) to the video shot during her 30th birthday (too funny!), including her holiday to Lanzarote and the thrilling adventure in the open sea on the lilos.
I partly share Holly's ideas about job. Confucius used to say a few centuries ago that if you choose a job you like, then you'll never be tired, but let's be pragmatic for a while: is there anybody who could really afford to go on for such a long time, being pennyless and unemployed? To sum up, I found Holly almost posh in a few moments, while she was really cute in other parts, reading like a sort of clumsy character between Becky Bloomwood and Bridget Jones.
A special thought for two men (apart from Gerry, of course):
- Daniel may be Holly's soulmate after Gerry, but he isn't: just think that he returns to his ex girlfriend. Actually, he does only after Holly's disappearance, but he's definitely no prince charming
- Chris, Holly's new boss: simply wonderful (I'd love too the idea of working in Dublin for such a company, having a small private office with a huge Georgian window on the back and a colleague offering priceless handbags and clothes!).
Last but not least: a cup of tea can be very helpful most of the times!
"Oh, the wonders of the magical tea, the answer to all of life's little problems. You have a gossip and you make a cup of tea, you get fired from your job and you have a cup of tea, your husband tells you he has a brain tumor and you have a cup of tea..."

I'm looking forward to watching the movie, but judging on a few screenshots I suppose it's set in a huge city in US. I think it could be not so nice without Irish pubs...

Thank you so much for this RAY, I've just sent a PM to melamura and do hope she replies in spite of such period of the year.

EDIT - 9th August 2009
No news from melamura, I'm trying to get in touch with voveryte.

Journal Entry 25 by lilacwhisper at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, August 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/10/2009 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

On its way to next participant in UK (no news from melamura despite two PMs, sorry).
Enjoy ;)

Journal Entry 26 by voveryte from Woolwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Finally the book reached me after getting lost in post! Thanks lilacwhisper for sending it twice to me and turnpages for organising the ray!

Journal Entry 27 by voveryte from Woolwich, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sweet lovely read! Funny too! Clever unexpected twists and turns and all the characters were so lovely. It was the first book by Cecelia Ahern that I've read and wasn't disappointed overall, will definitely look for more.

I ahve already got lauraloo29 address and I'm ready to pass book on, but I know that postal strikes are planned for the next 2 days, so I guess I'll wait until next week then...

Thanks for the opportunity!

ETA: 31/10/2009 travelling to lauraloo29

Journal Entry 28 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, November 16, 2009
This arrived safe and sound today. I have a couple of rings before it, but I will keep it moving. Thank you!

Journal Entry 29 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 12, 2009
Finished the book today. A lovely book. I love books that make me "feel". I laughed out loud and cried too. Although I wasn't happy with the ending. That Daniel was stupid. Maybe he deserves what he gets. :)

I haven't gotten a response from ladyhawked yet. But I'll wait for a few more days. I would like to get this mailed out before Christmas.

Thank you for sharing!

Edited - angela861 has also received her own copy. Waiting for more participants.

Edited: I'm sending this out to megtall this week.

Journal Entry 30 by megtall from Burton, Michigan USA on Thursday, December 31, 2009
Just received in today's mail. I will get started reading it later today or early tomorrow, as I am finishing up another book. I'll post again after I have finished the book.
Thank you!
megtall

Journal Entry 31 by megtall from Burton, Michigan USA on Saturday, January 02, 2010
Despite the great reviews, I couldn't read this book. I made it a mere 10 pages and then I flipped around the book, reading random passages. I think, for me, it was a dislike of the author's writing style combined with the fact that I didn't like the main character, Holly. Hopefully the next readers will get much more enjoyment from it than me. I'll be sending it to Silvia-pco first thing Monday.
Happy New Year!

Journal Entry 32 by megtall at sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 04, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (1/4/2010 UTC) at sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Stopped by the post office about 30 minutes ago. On its way to Portugal for Silvia-pco. I hope you enjoy it!

megtall

Journal Entry 33 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Here it is!

Feb 13rd - As there's been a month since I got this book,I thought I should update you on my progress. I haven't started to read it yet, but I'm finishing another one and this one will be right up :)

I'll keep you posted.

Journal Entry 34 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Sunday, February 21, 2010
A wonderful book! I broke a tradition of mine with this story, as I saw the movie before reading the book; there are many differences between the two, but in my opinion this is one of the (rare) cases when both movie and book are wonderful in their own way.

I wasn't expecting for this to be such a quick read - I picked it up from the TBR pile on Tuesday and the pages just flew by. I don't usually read this kind of books but I loved it. It's funny, it's moving, and the most important, it's beautifully written.

Already PMed earthcaroleanne, so this fellow will be off on its way as soon as I get her address. Thank you so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 35 by earthcaroleanne from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Just picked this up from the post office along with another bookring book. Why do they always arrived at the same time? And just when I'm reading yet another one! I'll read the other one first because I think it will be a quick read. Thanks for sending this out.

Journal Entry 36 by earthcaroleanne from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 29, 2010
This was an amazingly quick read too and it was certainly a "can't put down" book for me. It had me alternatively on the brink of tears and grinning madly to myself, which is not good on the bus. I was pleased with the ending because otherwise it would be just too "happily ever after" - straight from one soulmate to the next - a little sickening and predictable. I'm so glad I've discovered this author and thank you turnpages for sending it out.

Journal Entry 37 by earthcaroleanne at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/13/2010 UTC) at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On it's way to the next person in the bookring.

ETA: I should have said that frangelle didn't response so it's on it's way to K1nS.

Journal Entry 38 by K1nS from Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, April 15, 2010
This book arrived this morning :)

Journal Entry 39 by K1nS at Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, June 24, 2010
I haven't been able to read this book yet, to be honest I completly forgot about having it :( So sorry everyone.... I have sent a PM to solskinn to get their address so I can pass this on