Sex and the Single Vampire

by Katie MacAlister | Romance |
ISBN: 9780340951989 Global Overview for this book
Registered by ekaterin4luv of Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on 1/2/2009
Journal Entry 1 by ekaterin4luv from Nürnberg, Bayern Germany on Friday, January 02, 2009
I absolutely love those new vamp books. They are endlessly funny and very romantic.

Allegra, despite multiple tries, has never ever succeded to summon spirits. But one night in a suspected haunted house, finally, a spirit! Yeah! But the so called spirit ist very rude and grumpy, tsk.
Probably because he is a: not a spirit, and b: she didn't summon him, he came on his own and Allegra is badly disturbing his plans for the evening.

This book will journey with daisyflowers English Bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by DaBookBear from Sandesneben, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Tuesday, February 03, 2009
I got the book from the English box. Sounds interesting.

Edit 06.03.2011: I am very sorry, that it took ages for me to take a look at this book. And I have to admit that I don't want to read it anymore...

I am starting a ray:

1. entengrütze
2. UlrikeW
3. Tiamat-muc

Released 8 yrs ago (4/28/2011 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Hamburg Germany

The book is travelling now...

Journal Entry 4 by entengrütze at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, May 03, 2011
book arrived safely - thanks!

I just finished the book, seems to be a new vampire series of the author...but for me it was a bit too much - not only someone falling in love with a vampire, but she is also a summoner...not to forget the spirits (Esme is really funny), demons etc....

Journal Entry 5 by entengrütze at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, May 09, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (5/9/2011 UTC) at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

travelling to the next one, UlrikeW

Journal Entry 6 by AdoraBelle86 at Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Thursday, May 26, 2011
Arrived a few days ago and sounds like fun.

Loved the spirits, but some of Allegra's behaviour was just a bit too stereotypical for me....

Journal Entry 7 by Tiamat-muc at München, Bayern Germany on Tuesday, July 26, 2011
here it is

11.09.11
I agree that it is a very stereotypical story - but nothing else had I expected. I've read the first novel of the Dark Ones (Blind Date mit einem Vampir), in which Joy and Raphael fell in love. I didn't remember Christian and could follow the story anyway, so it is not necessary to read the books in order of appereance. The ghosts were great and so was Noelle - I hope she gets her own book. Christian - well, he's ancient and so are his beliefs how women should be. And Allegra? She is the same in modern - liberated in the truest sense for she had a very bad relationship. But of course after a few encounters with Christian, she is tamed and so is he *yawn* And I didn't understand the storyline with her leg - of course, she had a very hard life and was quite submissive, but why every few pages? She's not healed nor is there a morale (ok, there is, but it's not believing that you can do everything although you're handicapped, it is just you can do everything if you believe enough in yourself...).

All things considered it was a nice read for a lazy weekend. The book will travel on in our next vampire bookbox this winter.