1492

by Robert Thurston | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 12/31/2008
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, December 31, 2008
From our favourite second-hand bookshop (where I was given first shot at a box of books that had just been brought in!), bought specifically for bookcrossing.

^ ^
=+=
v

Released 9 yrs ago (2/9/2009 UTC) at Oxford Terrace - details in notes in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

On a seat by the river.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

^ ^
=+=
v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.

Did you know that in April 2009, the World Bookcrossing Convention will be held in Christchurch? Check out the convention website for more details.

This book is a part of the BookCrossing The Reader Challenge: to find and release books that somehow relate to the award winning book The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. The movie based on the book opens January, 2009 (in the U.S.). Be sure to check your local theatres for listings.

As an added bonus, if you have found this book before February 22 and join BookCrossing, you can enter our The Reader movie contest. Simply attend a screening of The Reader and save your ticket stub. Print your screen name on the back of the stub and send it to BookCrossing: The Reader Contest at 323 Pine Street, Sandpoint, ID 83864, USA. We will hold a drawing shortly after February 22, 2009 to determine the winners and you will be notified by email if you have won. One more reason to sign up for BookCrossing today! (Full details available online at www.bookcrossing.com.)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, February 20, 2009
Although i can't say it is my type of book, i was really glad to find it! I was just a tourist in NZ and finding this book was a really nice suprise. The thing a like most about bookcrossing is that the books always seem to be there waiting especially for you. :)
Now i'm back in Austria, finished reading the book and i'll probably just leave it some place nice for the next lucky winner to find it.

CAUGHT IN CHRISTCHURCH CANTERBURY NEW ZEALAND