No Small Thing

by Natalie Ghent | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Bellingham, Washington USA on 12/29/2008
Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Monday, December 29, 2008
Twelve-year-old Nathaniel and his sisters Cid and Queenie discover an ad for a free pony. But how can they afford to take care of it?

Released 10 yrs ago (2/22/2009 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

mailed to svoight of Springville, Tennessee for her OBCZ.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, February 28, 2009
received as a gift for my OBCZ, thanks so much!!

Released 9 yrs ago (6/29/2010 UTC) at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Released into Princess-peapod's Spring ABC Bookbox, happy travels!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Taking this book from princess-peapod's Spring ABC Bookbox.

This looks like an interesting book. I like Young Adult/Teen books.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, February 13, 2011
Book Description:

When twelve-year-old Nathaniel and his two sisters discover an ad in the paper for a free pony, they can hardly believe their luck. But what will their mother say? Mom's been having a hard time ever since Dad walked out on them four years ago. But caring for a pony might keep Nat and his older sister, Cid, from bickering, and it would mean so much to eight-year-old Queenie. It takes some serious persuasion - and a promise to use Nat's paper route money for the pony's keep - but Mom finally relents.

And so begins a year of self-discovery, as Nat struggles to deal with his father's absence; look out for his younger sister, who is "different"; and recover from having his heart broken by a rich, pretty girl from school. Life is not always easy, but Nat knows that Smokey, his very own pony, will be waiting for him at the end of each day. Or will he?

My Review: What a sweet story! I really enjoyed this one.

Saving this for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, March 07, 2011

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, April 02, 2011
Taking this out of KiaraNala29's YA/Teen box with thanks.

Journal Entry 9 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2011
It seems like horse books are often aimed at girls, but this one is narrated by a boy. Set in Canada, so if I decide I'm doing the 6 books, 6 countries, 6 continents challenge I'll probably use this one.

Reserved for release at the Hawaii Book and Music Festival.

Journal Entry 10 by winghyphen8wing at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Released 8 yrs ago (5/14/2011 UTC) at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn about what it has to offer.

Free your books - help spread the words!