Young Ike

by Alden Hatch | | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Greyflank of Brick, New Jersey USA on 1/1/2009
Journal Entry 1 by Greyflank from Brick, New Jersey USA on Thursday, January 1, 2009
Rescued from the Wall Library via their semi-annual book sale. A shopping bag of books for $1.

This book does not necessarily reflect my taste or opinions. I tried to grab books that looked to be in good shape. If there's no further comment below this entry, I haven't read it.

~ If you found it, it's yours!

Journal Entry 2 by Greyflank at Ocean County Mall in Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, January 1, 2009

Released 15 yrs ago (1/1/2009 UTC) at Ocean County Mall in Toms River, New Jersey USA

It's too cold for a walk outside, so I figured I'd do a lap or two in the mall.

Look for this book on a flat surface inside.

Happy New Year!

This book is a part of the BookCrossing "The Reader" Challenge: to find and release books that somehow relate to the award winning book “The Reader” by Bernhard Schlink. The movie based on the book opens January, 2009 (in the U.S.). Be sure to check your local theatres for listings.

As you know, Young Ike eventually grows up and becomes Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe during WW2. THE READER deals with some of the repercussions from that war. I wouldn't be surprised if Old Ike was mentioned once or twice.

As an added bonus, if you have found this book before February 22 and join BookCrossing, you can enter our The Reader contest. Simply attend a screening of The Reader and save your ticket stub. Print your screen name on the back of the stub and send it to BookCrossing: The Reader Contest at 323 Pine Street, Sandpoint, ID 83864. We will hold a drawing shortly after February 22, 2009 to determine the winners and you will be notified by email if you have won. One more reason to sign up for BookCrossing today! (Full details available online at www.bookcrossing.com. )