The Wedding

by Nicholas Sparks | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Bellingham, Washington USA on 12/20/2008
Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Saturday, December 20, 2008
After 30 years, a man realizes that his marriage is a failure and it is his fault. His wife is considering leaving him and he is willing to do anything to save their marriage.

Journal Entry 2 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Monday, January 05, 2009
Bookray list:

pinkagirl (Newport, UK)
Deesse (Erstein, Alsace, France)
Schrat (Oberkochen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany) <--rec'd 5/09
SpazQueen (Jenks, Oklahoma, USA) <==no longer interested

Bookray complete!!

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Monday, January 05, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (1/5/2009 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

mailed to pinkagirl of Newport, UK to restart a stalled bookray.

I hope you enjoy this book, pinkagirl.

Journal Entry 4 by Pinkagirl from Newport, Shropshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 13, 2009
This book arrived with me today, thanks Tabby-cat-owner. Unfortunately it will take me a little while to get to it, as I am reading the other Nicholas Sparks bookring I am on,from the same. I do however look forward to reading it and will get to it as soon as I can. Thanks again for organising this ring.

Journal Entry 5 by Pinkagirl from Newport, Shropshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 02, 2009
I really enjoyed this one, sorry that it took me a little while to get through it. I have Pm'd DEESE for her address. Which I look forward to receiving soon.

I loved this book, I am happy to say I have a good marriage, but it I was delighted to find a story where things focussed on the positive for a change. I could not believe the lengths Wilson was willing to go, to make things right. Oh for all marriages to be worked at!

I hope everyone following enjoys this one, as much as I did.

Journal Entry 6 by Pinkagirl at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- France on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (3/3/2009 UTC) at Bookring, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- France

I posted this one out today, hopefull yit is winging it's way to DESSE as we speak! x

Journal Entry 7 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Friday, March 06, 2009
This book was waiting for me when I came back from a one-week-journey with my pupils - together with another bookring! They always seem to arrive together...
I'll do my best to read it quickly.

Thanks tabby-cat-owner, for this bookring and thanks Pinkagirl for sending it on!

Journal Entry 8 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Tuesday, April 07, 2009
I really enjoyed this book (as all of Sparks' books so far...), but it was somehow special in a way that it was not about a beginning love, but a "neglected" love.
I was impressed what Wilson managed to do in order to make his wife fall in love with him again - whow! Already the romantic night out as an anniversary treat was very impressive (I would have loved that, too!), but it was then topped with the very surprising ending which I read yesterday in a park. I couldn't help sobbing stupidly at the wedding ceremony (but I always cry, at "real" weddings as well as at my nephew's baptism..)
I also liked one of the last scenes, when Noah sneaks away to the river - today I saw a couple of black swans caring for a nest in the public park and I thought: "Why shouldn't it have been possible?" I'm always ready to believe things like that.

The book made me aware that one should never take one's partner's love for granted and that it's never too late to save the love of your life! I'll try to show and tell my partner more often now that "I love [him] and I'm the luckiest [wo]man in the world to have [him]." (similar to Wilson's declaration on p. 206)

Thanks again for letting me join this bookray!

Right now I'm trying to find a new reader for it. As SpazQueen wrote that she'd be "too slow" these days and NMreader acquired a copy of her own, I've PMd Busyangel (no reply so far). I'll try the e-mail address given on Busyangel's shelf if I don't get a reply and then either re-offer it to SpazQueen or keep it for my mum, bookcrosser Schrat.

P.S. What a shame that they couldn't eat the sole-asparagus-dinner that Wilson had cooked for their anniversary - it made my mouth water... But I think they didn't mind ;-)

Journal Entry 9 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Sunday, May 10, 2009
Will travel with me to Freiburg at the end of this month where I'll give it to my mum, bookcrosser Schrat.

Journal Entry 10 by DEESSE at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 22, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (5/22/2009 UTC) at to next participant, a ring/ray -- Controlled Releases

Will give it to my mother (BC Schrat) today.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by wingSchratwing from Oberkochen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, June 11, 2009
I'm sorry, I forgot to make a journal entry for this book which DEESSE gave me when we met lately in Freiburg. Since DEESSE is my daughter she told me (as daughters often do!) what to do inmmediately!

Journal Entry 12 by wingSchratwing from Oberkochen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, October 25, 2009
I enjoyed this book (my first "Nicholas Sparks") a lot. Like DEESSE I was impressed what Wilson managed to do in order to make his wife fall in love with him again. This book gave reason to think over my own (long years') partnerhip now and again - and to try to alter some things!
I'll pm SpazQueen to send me her address so that the book can go on traveling.

Edit 08.11.09:
Since SpazQueen informed me that she is too busy to read or to send off books at the moment I wrote to Tabby-Cat-Owner that I will give "The Wedding" to DEESSE because she has more occasion to release English books than I have.

Journal Entry 13 by wingSchratwing at Oberkochen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, November 08, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (11/8/2009 UTC) at Oberkochen, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Personally handed over to my daughter DEESSE who is visiting us at the moment.
She has better occasion than I have to release an English book.

Journal Entry 14 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Sunday, November 08, 2009
I got this book back from my mum, BC Schrat during my visit.
I'll try to find an interested reader for it, if not it'll probably end up in the Amsterdam convention in 2010.

Journal Entry 15 by DEESSE at Havenhotel Texel in Texel, Oudeschild, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 12, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (6/8/2010 UTC) at Havenhotel Texel in Texel, Oudeschild, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Address: Haven 2, 1792 AE Oudeschild; Texel, The Netherlands

I left the book in front of the cake display.

Journal Entry 16 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Texel, buiten steden/dorpen, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, September 30, 2010