The Glassblower of Murano

by Marina Fiorato | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 9781905636242 Global Overview for this book
Registered by teggers of Mansfield, Massachusetts USA on 12/17/2008
Journal Entry 1 by teggers from Mansfield, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, December 17, 2008
I read this when I was ill so I didn't get terribly into the book. It was an enjoyable read though I skipped around a bit because I got a bit bored at parts especially the Corradino flashbacks, though they were a very interesting insight into the history of a very unique city. If anything, the book makes me want to go to Venice even more than I did before.

Journal Entry 2 by teggers from Mansfield, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, January 20, 2009
So I'm sharing the love and offering this as a bookring. Anyone interested should pm me with their location and shipping preferences.

This ring is now closed for new entrants and the following is the shipping order, if anyone has a problem with it in some way please send me a message so I can deal with it. Please journal the book when you recieve it so we know it made it safely and please try to limit yourself to a month at the most. Once the ray has made it to the last person, please pass the book on so it can continue its adventures. Happy Reading!

jaybob (Amsterdam, shipping intl)
aava (Finland, shipping Europe)
bookmaniac70 (Bulgaria, shipping Europe)
Tregossip (UK, shipping UK/Europe)
angelamurdoch (UK, shipping UK)
kirstykat (UK, shipping intl)
Wandering-B (Hong Kong, shipping intl)
dabercro (US, shipping US)
Bug2004 (US, shipping US)
sunfi (US, shipping US) <--- Book is travelling here

Released 10 yrs ago (1/30/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Away in the post to jaybob as the beginning of the ring.

Happy Reading

Journal Entry 4 by jaybob from Strojetice, Vysočina kraj Czech Republic on Thursday, February 05, 2009
Received safety today! Thanks Teggers! and thanks for the postcard!St Andrews looks lovely!
Should read this within a week as I have a couple of long flights next week.

Journal Entry 5 by jaybob from Strojetice, Vysočina kraj Czech Republic on Friday, February 13, 2009
Enjoyed the contrast between the present and the past but with the more unique way in which these two times were linked together so was easy to stay connected to the story thoughout.
Interesting to read about the Murano glass history as I prosume this is losely fact based and am now intrigued to find out more after reading this novel.

Journal Entry 6 by jaybob at on Friday, February 13, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/13/2009 UTC) at

Posted today to aava as the next person on the bookring.

Enjoy!!!

Jason

Journal Entry 7 by aava from Dals-Ed, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, February 25, 2009
And the book's here. It certainly looks very interesting. I do love the fact that part of the story is set in Renaissance time and particularly in Venice. I'll start asap. Thanks teggers for the ring!

Journal Entry 8 by aava from Dals-Ed, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I was a bit afraid that this would be more chick lit, but in the end I think it was a well written and a beautiful book. I enjoyed mostly the parts where Corradino was the central character but the links of past and present were very good. Although I've never been to Venice (but Ive always wanted very much to go there) there was a very real presence of the city.

I so glad that I'm in bookcrossing as this book like many many others I'd never would have known let alone read without you guys.So thanks teggers for sharing the book.

***The book is now on its way to bookmaniac70 in Bulgaria.Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Arrived yesterday. Shall start to read in a couple of days. Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Saturday, April 04, 2009
For me everything, related to Italy, is interesting by default:-)). So this story doesn`t make an exception. IMO,the two story lines could have been more and better developed.I expected to learn more about glassblowing.

In general, it was not a bad read, but didn`t engage me much.

Journal Entry 11 by bookmaniac70 at St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/8/2009 UTC) at St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom

Sent to next participant.

Journal Entry 12 by Tregossip from St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Book arrived this morning, thank you. Love the beautiful stamps on the package and have saved (OK I know it distroys a reusable jiffy bag)

Love everything about Italy and been fortunate to have been to Murano once and Venice twice.

Will finish current read in a couple of days and start this one.

Update 25/4. I could relate to Nora's exploration of Venice/Murano and felt at times walking in her footsteps. The chapters on her ancestor were dark, atmospheric and could - with expansion - be a book in it's own right.

So with an unsucessful search for the next participant, am waiting for ring's originator to advise me where to send it next

Journal Entry 13 by Tregossip at St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, April 30, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/5/2009 UTC) at St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom

on it's way again

Journal Entry 14 by kirstykat from Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 08, 2009
Received today, with thanks. Have another book to read and post on first, but should get this moving within a month.

Journal Entry 15 by kirstykat from Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 02, 2009
Superb! Sorry I took so long to getting round to reading it, but I am glad I got it started before the deadline I had set myself for sending it on!

Descriptive,gripping and historical, with a little romance of the non-sickly type thrown in, this was a real pleasure to read.
Thanks Teggers for offering this as a book ring!

Journal Entry 16 by kirstykat from Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 05, 2009
Posting on to Wandering-B in the morning.

Journal Entry 17 by kirstykat from Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 05, 2009
Posting on to Wandering-B in the morning.

Journal Entry 18 by kirstykat at Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Sunday, July 05, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/6/2009 UTC) at Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong

Happy travelling and I hope that you continued to be enjoyed!

Journal Entry 19 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Monday, August 17, 2009
Arrived back form holiday to find this little one waiting for me. Thanks to kristykat for sending it out to me and to teggers for sharing with us all. Please be a little patient with me as I have quite a few rings/rays which arrived in my absence. I promise I'll get to it as quickly as I can.

Journal Entry 20 by wandering-B from Tai Po, New Territories Hong Kong on Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Well written, lovely book. I enjoyed the characters, the history and the setting. I so want to visit now! Am posting along today 22 September to the next reader. Thanks again for sharing.

Journal Entry 21 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Thursday, October 08, 2009
Arrived in the mail yesterday. Will try to get to this as soon as possible. I currently have four rings/rays ahead of it. Why do they always arrive at the same time?!!
I'm looking forward to reading this book. I lived near Venice for four years and visited there and Murano many times.

Journal Entry 22 by dabercro from Clinton, Utah USA on Saturday, October 24, 2009
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how the two main characters' stories, both the past and present, were intertwined to tell the whole story. I especially loved the setting, Venice and Murano. I lived near Venice for four years and visited there often. It was one of my favorite places to go while living in Italy. Reading the descriptions of the cities, San Marco, and Carnevale brought back some great memories of my time spent there.

Thanks, teggers, for sharing. I have the next participant's address and will mail the book next week.

Journal Entry 23 by dabercro at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, October 26, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (10/26/2009 UTC) at -- BookRing, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to the next participant, sunfi, in OH.

Journal Entry 24 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, November 07, 2009
Arrived today, I have a number of other rings ahead of this one but I'll get to it as soon as I can. I keep my profile updated (weekly) so you can always see how close to the top of the list this one is.