People & Other Aggravations

by Judith Viorst | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingjudygreeneyeswing of San Diego, California USA on 12/13/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingjudygreeneyeswing from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, December 13, 2008
A wandering book -- the karma of literature! This is a fun book from Judith Viorst, who has written so many other wonderful books!

Journal Entry 2 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Saturday, December 13, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (12/13/2008 UTC) at San Diego, California USA

Going on travel via book box!

Journal Entry 3 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, February 15, 2009
I see I've plucked another of judy's book from the box.

I've already read "Ida, the one who suffers," and by the second line I was already reading aloud in a New York Jewish accent (it's the actor)~~what fun! i hope I enjoy the rest as much. But let me tell you, I must tell you, (can you hear Ida's voice??), this is a book written for young women. I mean, who else could read pages printed on dahk red paper. Oy, whoy would they do that???

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, September 19, 2010
this one has turned up again from the bowels of my over-stuffed (tornado-strewn?) house, and the timing is impeccable~~I'm going to pop it in booklady331's ABC bookbox. Tilll the box is ready, I'm rereading some of the poems. Aside from the page color (omg!) I truly enjoyed this little tome. Both the humour in the poems and in the mahvalous drawings. I also enjoyed the 'memory lane' that a number of references took me on :-)

Thanks for sharing, judy~~

And may future readers enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, October 03, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (10/3/2010 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

and I'm sending this on in another box, booklady331's ABC (already been crossed) Bookbox.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, February 03, 2011
Arrived home in my ABC bookbox. Going to decide what to do with the book - add it to round 2 or ???

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Saturday, July 02, 2011
OK, this is amusing. I sent this book travelling back in 2008 in a bookbox, and now it has returned to me in a bookbox! The really funny thing is, when I pulled it out and opened, I said "Oh, I've always wanted a copy of this book!", like I didn't used to own one. Sometimes I crack myself up. I'm going to hang on to this one, now that it has come home :)

My favorite in this book has always been "Sandra Shapiro is Such a Good Mother".

Here's a pic of Judith Viorst, who has been writing forever and is now eighty years old (which she insists is not the "new sixty").