The death and life of Charlie St Cloud

by Ben Sherwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bradgirl of Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 12/13/2008
Journal Entry 1 by bradgirl from Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 13, 2008
From the back of the book: When he was a boy, Charlie St Cloud almost perished in a car crash that killed his little brother, Sam. Years later, Charlie is still trying to atone for his loss. It is only when he meets Tess Carroll, a captivating, adventurous yachtswoman, that he is faced with a choice - between death and life, the past and the present, holding on and letting go. A romantic and exhilarating novel about second chances and the liberating power of love.

Went to the Otley Victorian Fayre last night and the only shops that were open were charity shops. So I picked up a few books in the 2 for £1 offers they had on paperbacks, and this is one of them. I think I've read a review of this when it first came out and I remember hearing it was really good.

Journal Entry 2 by bradgirl from Saltaire, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 13, 2009
I really enjoyed this book and was hooked from the very first page. An emotional read but also enjoyable. Highly recommended.

Journal Entry 3 by bradgirl at Bradford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (8/15/2009 UTC) at Bradford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Passed to a friend to read.

Journal Entry 4 by el51e from Bradford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 30, 2009
A great little read, I liked the style and fact that it was an original love story that provoked some thought!

Journal Entry 5 by bradgirl at Sent to another bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 07, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (1/7/2010 UTC) at Sent to another bookcrosser, A Book Swap! -- Controlled Releases

Sent to VeganMedusa as a book swap. I hope you enjoy it as much as everyone else who has read it!

Journal Entry 6 by VeganMedusa from Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Thanks bradgirl! I'll get your book in the post this week. :)

Journal Entry 7 by VeganMedusa at Invercargill, Southland New Zealand on Saturday, April 07, 2012
On the good side, it was an undemanding read that only took a morning.
On the bad side, it was crammed full of miracles and God having a purpose for you. When a book starts off with something described as a miracle, and then introduces a character known as Joe-the-Atheist, you pretty much know what kind of book this is. No surprises.
A lazy Easter Sunday (hey, perfect time for this book!) read that hopefully I'll have forgotten all about by tomorrow.
This just wasn't my kind of book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, April 14, 2012
Thanks VeganMedusa, the book arrived yesterday and has hopped on to Mt TBR. Hope I enjoy it more than you did :0

Journal Entry 9 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, May 04, 2012
Mixed feelings for me! I didn't dislike the story, but I guess I'm a bit too much of a skeptic for this kind of book.

Journal Entry 10 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (11/6/2012 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to the next reader, who chose it from the First Sentences VBB.

Journal Entry 11 by BooksnBeer at Annandale, Virginia USA on Monday, November 26, 2012
Hmmmm....interesting selection from the First Sentence VBB. I'll give it a try.

Journal Entry 12 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Monday, June 08, 2015
I selected this book from the Surprise Paperback Bookbox. Thanks, BooksnBeer!

Journal Entry 13 by rhythmbiscuit at Franklin Square in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (8/21/2018 UTC) at Franklin Square in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with one another and the world at large.
I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that the book has been found, and that you'll stick around a bit and get to know Bookcrossing.
Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, rhythmbiscuit, as your referring member. Happy reading!