My Name is Red

by Orhan Pamuk | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingsoffitta1wing of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 12/7/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingsoffitta1wing from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, December 07, 2008
Taken from work's bookshelf.

What a book! A murder mystery with each chapter told by a different character. It keeps you guessing as well as giving you an insight into minaturists' world, as the victim belonged to this guild. Worth reading for the insight into Istanbul alone.

Released 11 yrs ago (1/3/2009 UTC) at Soffitta1's 2nd U.K. Bookbox (Asia Theme), A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

In the bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by katrinat from Southend-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, January 31, 2009
Taken from the asian bookbox. Great box Soffitta1!

Journal Entry 4 by katrinat at Chelmsford, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, July 29, 2011
I just finished this book in order to put it back in the next Asian bookbox, what a great read. I loved the way that the chapters were narrated by different characters, especially the slighty stranger ones like the colour red, the tree and especially death and satan. I have many pages which I want to copy whole passages out of at the writing is beautiful and intricate. I've read one of his other books, Snow, but certainly want to read more.
Thanks for sharing, sorry it took me so long to get to it!

Journal Entry 5 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, February 16, 2012
Taken from soffita1's Asia bookbox - thanks!

Released 1 mo ago (12/11/2019 UTC) at Cambridge North railway station in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

This book has been released as part of the BookCrossing.com project, which allows readers to follow the books they've loved and passed on as they travel through the wild. If you enjoy this book, please consider leaving a journal entry below saying where you found it, what you thought of it, and where it might be going next.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 12, 2019
Just found this book today, but heard lots about it and really look forward to reading it.