Shoot the Moon

by Billie Letts | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingT02S03B11D20wing of Springport, Michigan USA on 12/1/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingT02S03B11D20wing from Springport, Michigan USA on Monday, December 01, 2008
This book will be going to the winner of the Happy Day RABCK. Congratulations! I saw that you had this on your wish list, hope you still wanted it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingT02S03B11D20wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/1/2008 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

Hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDove-i-Libriwing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, December 07, 2008
Thank you so much for sending this book as part of Taaza's Happy Day RABCK! See this link: (Click Here) This has been on my wish list for a long time! Hope I can get to it soon, Mount TBR is huge, but I'll be sure to make a journal entry when I'm done!

Also, I will be hosting the next Happy Days RABCK in January! Don't forget to join!

September 18, 2015: Wow, it took me a long time to get to this, but I actually did enjoy it. In a sad kind of way. I guess you don't ENJOY a book like this. You appreciate the skill of the author, because, as I said, overall, it's a sad story.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

From the book description:
In 1972, windswept DeClare, Oklahoma, was consumed by the murder of a young mother, Gaylene Harjo, and the disappearance of her baby, Nicky Jack. When the child's pajama bottoms were discovered on the banks of Willow Creek, everyone feared that he, too, had been killed, although his body was never found.

Nearly thirty years later, Nicky Jack mysteriously returns to DeClare, shocking the town and stirring up long-buried memories. But what he discovers about the night he vanished is more astonishing than he or anyone could have imagine. Piece by piece, what emerges is a story of dashed hopes, desperate love, and a secret that still cries out for justice ... and redemption.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

This book will be reserved for participation in BooksToGive's General Literature Virtual Bookbox (Click Here for Link to Forum Thread.)

Released 2 yrs ago (9/1/2016 UTC) at ~ Bookstogive's General Literature Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Chosen by dabercro from the VBB, and now on its way to Utah!
☺ Happy Traveling, Book! ☺

USPS tracking # 9114 9014 9645 0667 0035 82

Journal Entry 5 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, October 05, 2016
Arrived in the mail today. Thanks for sending.

Journal Entry 6 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Wednesday, September 13, 2017
I "enjoyed" this book. There were twists and turns throughout the book as Mark aka Nicky Jack tries to find out what happened the night his mother was murdered and he "disappeared." He was also looking for his biological father. I didn't expect the ending.

Journal Entry 7 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, November 13, 2017
Reserving for the General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, January 07, 2019
Removing from the General Literature VBB as not chose.

Journal Entry 9 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, April 29, 2019
Adding to "Books I've Read" VBB.

Journal Entry 10 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Thursday, July 11, 2019
VBB is closed. Book is now available.