The End Of Mr.Y

by Scarlett Thomas | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by LeighBCD on 11/29/2008
Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Saturday, November 29, 2008
The thing I loved most about this was that the edges of the book are all black - very striking book. I remember buying it at the Waterstones opposite Selfridges - this novel was part of a 3 for 2 deal and I walked out of that shop with 6 books. 6!!! I read about 20 pages a day, on average, I must be deranged buying more. Or an addict.

Sigh... this was unusual. Nerdy, screwed up girl with a penchant for sex with older men nevertheless discovers extremely rare book called The End of Mr Y, drinks a secret potion and then time travels and enters other people's heads to read their thoughts.

I made it to about page 147 and then stopped. Not sure why I did that - at times I was very riveted but then othertimes I felt the book was too clever for its own good. Clever is the right word. The author is definitely that.

So I shall release this pretty book into the ether for someone else to find. I hope if you do find this book you do not do what the main character did and attempt to make the potion and drink it. It might not be good for you :-)))))))))

Hope all who read this book in the future enjoy it - welcome to Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Saturday, April 18, 2009
Got this on Read It Swap It - putting it back on there.

CAUGHT IN PLYMOUTH DEVON UK