Haunting Rachel

by Kay Hooper | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by HunterRyu of West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on 11/28/2008
Journal Entry 1 by HunterRyu from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, November 28, 2008
I ended up with two copies of this book. I'm keeping one to read and am sending a copy out as a bookray. Please state shipping preferences and I will accommodate as best I can.

Ten years ago Rachel Grant's fiancé, Thomas, disappeared. His body was never found. Now there's a stranger in town, a man who could be Thomas's twin--or his ghost.

His name is Adam Delafield. He's been watching Rachel for days. He has the locket she gave Thomas before he vanished. And he says he owed her father three million dollars.

But there's no record of the loan—or a shred of proof that Adam is who he claims to be. And he's always nearby as accidents begin to threaten Rachel's life.

Is he an innocent man who only wants to repay a debt? Or a figure from the past with a score to settle? Rachel must expose lies and unravel stories, find out who wants her dead and why...before the next attempt to kill her succeeds.

Participants:
lauraloo29 (Canada, Not Canada)
MsTeddy (Finland, anywhere)
JennyC1230 (USA, USA preferred)
easterngirl71 (USA, USA only)
Bug2004 (USA, USA preferred) *book is here*

Rrrcaron (USA, USA preferred)
flossie771 (USA, USA preferred)
-looking for international sender-
iliotropio (Belgium, anywhere)
Sherlockfan (New Zealand, anywhere)
Projekt-X (UK, within UK)
WigglyWoods (UK, anywhere)
gringuitica (Costa Rica, anywhere)

This is a bookray, so it will not close to participants. It will keep going on until the book has fallen apart or gone missing. Happy reading!

Bookring directory

Journal Entry 2 by HunterRyu at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, November 29, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/30/2008 UTC) at By Mail, Book Ring -- Controlled Releases

Sending to lauraloo29 to get this bookray started!

Journal Entry 3 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, December 15, 2008
Its so cold today (-29 C), I almost didn't hike out to the mailbox. Very glad I did. I have a couple of rings before this, but I will keep it moving. Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, January 09, 2009
This book was okay for me. It did have me guessing who was the bad person. I found the whole Adam thing weird.

This book will be on its way to Finland tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by MsTeddy from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, January 19, 2009
The book came safely to Finland, and I've already read the first three pages while waiting my Internet to open..=) Thanks lauraloo29, and of course HunterRyu!

Journal Entry 6 by MsTeddy from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, January 29, 2009
This book was a good read. I thought that almost everyone else was the bad guy than the one who really was..I liked the ending...and the start..and the tale in the middle..=)

Leaves onward as soon as I can get myself to the post office..=)Thanks HunterRyu!

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 09, 2009
This book arrived today! I will read it next. Thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 16, 2009
I enjoyed this book, but I thought it was a bit slow in places. I liked the Rachel character, but it seemed she didn't have any flaws, which makes her more 2 dimensiional than I would like. The story reminded me of an old Alfred Hitchcock movie, where you receive some information and you start thinking one thing, but then later you realize it was a red herring. I really had no idea who the "bad guy" was until it was revealed in the book. I also really enjoyed the relationship between Nick and Mercy.

I have the address for easterngirl71 and will be sending it to her soon! :-)

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Mailing to easterngirl71 today via USPS Media Mail - Delivery Confirmation #9102805213683149537472

Journal Entry 10 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Caught this book just in time! Heading to Ct. to take care of a sick father. Thanks for sharing and I will read it asap and send it to the next person in line!
I really enjoyed reading this book! I kept guessing til the end! Glad that it made it to Bug2004!

Journal Entry 11 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Monday, March 30, 2009
Re'cvd today. Have several in front of it, but will get to it as quick as I can. Thanks for sharing! :)

Journal Entry 12 by Bug2004 at Omaha, Nebraska USA on Friday, June 11, 2010
Sorry to have kept this way, way too long. It was a fun one, though. Thanks for sharing!

Mailed off to Rrrcaron today.