The Lake House

by James Patterson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by katie1980 of Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on 11/28/2008
Journal Entry 1 by katie1980 from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 28, 2008
From the back of the book:
"Frannie O'Neill's life turned upside down when six incredible children blew in on the wind. Rescuing them from the School that created them took all her courage and cunning, but the children captured her heart. Now, the young flock wants to go back to the couple it regards as parents, and Frannie and FBI maverick Kit Brennan are suing for custody. But when the case involves the most extraordinary creatures ever to land on this earth, someone will ensure there is no happy ending.

Only Max, the oldest and most remarkable of the winged children, knows that another, terrifying biological experiment is taking place. Somewhere in America, a brilliant but evil surgeon is secretly researching, performing a cruel travesty of an operation as he scoops the life from people hoping for a better future. But to complete his experiment he needs the ultimate prize - Max herself. And as the children dream of returning to the happy safety of the lake house, where for a few precious months they flew free, danger moves ever closer...

Megabestselling James Patterson delivers an unputdownable thriller that will chill your spine even as your imagination soars above the clouds.
"

Bought last night at Basingstoke library for 10p from their withdrawn stock shelf. I'm planning to take this on our holiday next week, and probably release it while we're away to save me having to bring it home with me!

Journal Entry 2 by katie1980 from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 20, 2008
Read while on holiday. I think this book would have been more enjoyable if I'd read the prequal first, but as it was it was an enjoyable read. I liked the children, the descriptions of their wings and flying and all was incredible, and made the visualisation of the scenes very easy. Max was well-written, and her relationships with the adults and the other children were very well-laid out. The court case was gripping, and I enjoyed the book.

Released 10 yrs ago (12/8/2008 UTC) at Grapevine restaurant in Lanzarote - Puerto del Carmen, Islas Canarias Spain

Left on the shelf with lots of other books. Hopefully someone will find and enjoy it!

Journal Entry 4 by GaryJ from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 20, 2008
Read before it was wild released by Katie1980.

Good read, had me hooked - just wished I'd read the preceding book first!