The Honorary Consul

by Graham Greene | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Phoenix, Arizona USA on 11/26/2008
Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, November 26, 2008
In a provincial Argentinian town a group of revolutionaries kidnap by mistake the "Honorary Consul"--Charley Fortnum, sixty-one years old, living on whisky and his disputed status as British consul. He is married to a young ex-whore. First published in 1973.

Journal Entry 2 by 1001-library from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanks so much for your donation tabby-cat-owner!

This book is now part of the 1001-library. If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the 1001-library bookshelf.

Released 9 yrs ago (5/20/2009 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

mailed to Nikel27 of Ginsheim, Germany.

I hope you enjoy this book, Nikel27.

Journal Entry 4 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, June 02, 2009
arrived safe at my house, thx's
1001 Library Book

update:
Good read, thanks for sharing with me

Back into the Library....

Journal Entry 5 by nikel27 at Returned Book To The Library, Library -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (8/4/2009 UTC) at Returned Book To The Library, Library -- Controlled Releases

Book back into the 1001 Library bookshelf

Journal Entry 6 by 1001-library from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

This book is now back on the 1001 library bookshelf and can be borrowed by PMing nikel27:)

If you want to take this book from the library but don't know how to proceed, please refer to the library bookshelf.

Journal Entry 7 by nikel27 at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 01, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/1/2010 UTC) at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Ready to move on to Library Member: booklady331/USA

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, April 17, 2010
Thank you for this book. I am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, May 22, 2011
Enjoyed reading this book. It was a book that made me think. Going back to the 1001-library

Journal Entry 10 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 23, 2011

This book is now back on the 1001 library bookshelf and can be borrowed by PMing booklady331:)

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (1/15/2012 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM Moving, RABCK, and 1001 VBB release challenges to flewry.

Journal Entry 12 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Saturday, January 28, 2012
It's here! Thank you so much. :)

Journal Entry 13 by flewry at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017
I thought this was excellent. This was my first experience with Graham Greene and I will be seeking out more of his. The plot kept me guessing; the characters were drawn simply but fully. It was easy to understand each character's personality and motivation, and see how they all played out against one another. This isn't a lesson on South American history, but you learn enough to follow the plot. Highly recommended.

Journal Entry 14 by 1001-library at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 26, 2017
This book is now back on the 1001 library bookshelf and can be borrowed by PMing flewry:)