The Map of Love

by Ahdaf Soueif | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0385720114 Global Overview for this book
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 11/23/2008
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, November 23, 2008
From the back cover: "Spanning three continents and the course of a century, "The Map of Love" traces a cross-cultural love affair back to its dramatic precursor generations earlier."
This was a beautifully written book, written from the perspective of an American woman in the early 1900's, who loved Egypt and its people, and from the perspective of a modern day Egyptian woman. There is a century of Egyptian history and politics intertwined with these two love stories. I am now more interested in Egypt, both culturally and politically.
This book is going into my Two Worlds virtual bookbox.

Released 10 yrs ago (1/13/2009 UTC) at Controlled release by hand to paw., Controlled release by hand to paw. -- Controlled Releases

Gave to eicuthbertson, who chose it out of my Two Worlds virtual bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 15, 2009
Thank you. This sounds very interesting. I'm sure I will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 4 by eicuthbertson at Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, February 11, 2018
Goodness, I've had this book a long while. Reread over New Year's. Like it still.

Journal Entry 5 by eicuthbertson at Hastings Community Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, February 11, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/11/2018 UTC) at Hastings Community Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Will leave on the bookshelves in the main floor hall.