Gumbo Limbo: An Alex Rutledge Mystery (Alex Rutledge Mysteries)

by Tom Corcoran | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0312241941 Global Overview for this book
Registered by cyber-librarian of Cary, North Carolina USA on 11/23/2008
Journal Entry 1 by cyber-librarian from Cary, North Carolina USA on Sunday, November 23, 2008
I bought this book today at the library book sale in Raleigh for an average of 14 cents per book.

Journal Entry 2 by cyber-librarian at a RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, December 07, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (12/8/2008 UTC) at a RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

I'm mailing this book tomorrow to JennyC1230 in GA ... as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, December 12, 2008
Thank you so much for the RABCK! I have heard a lot about this series, but they are hard to find!

Thank you very much! :-)

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Book #2 in the Alex Rutledge mystery series: Late August, Key West, the off-season, the dog days. Alex Rutledge, freelance and part-time crime-scene photographer, awakes to his first vacation day in months. Suddenly he gets an odd call from his old Navy friend, Zack Cahill, now a successful Chicago banker. Zack's drunk at Sloppy Joe's, demanding that Rutledge join him. Alex shows up eight minutes later. Cahill is gone.. "The day continues downhill. A high-noon murder in the tourist district, the ransacked apartment of a local bartender, and a chance encounter with Abby Womack, Cahill's ex-mistress, combine to convince Alex that Zack Cahill's disappearance may be linked to all of these events. An overnight fire and a drive-by shooting the next morning amplify the strangeness and danger.

My Review: This is a great mystery set in Key West, Florida (I plan to go there someday). There are a lot of weird/eccentric characters in the story. Alex spends most of the time trying to figure out what's going on, (he's a photographer playing detective). Trying to figure out who the bad guys and good guys are is the toughest part of his investigation. I loved the descriptions of Key West.

Sorry I had this one so long before reading it!

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, February 02, 2017
Giving this book to Tempestsans, for reading, wild releasing or other book sharing purposes.