Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery

by Eric Metaxas | History | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingCordelia-annewing of Decatur, Georgia USA on 11/22/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingCordelia-annewing from Decatur, Georgia USA on Saturday, November 22, 2008
This book tells of the end of slavery and slave trading in England. There was a recent movie of this book, Amazing Grace, undoubtedly the title comes from the beautiful Anglican hymn Amazing Grace, which was written by the former slave trader John Newton after he repented and became an Anglican priest. I don't know when I'll get to this book but I'm hoping to read it within the next few months.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCordelia-annewing at LFL - Garden Lane (184) #71359 in Decatur, Georgia USA on Thursday, April 25, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/26/2024 UTC) at LFL - Garden Lane (184) #71359 in Decatur, Georgia USA

This a gift from BookCrossing, a random community of book lovers. If you'd like to join the BookCrossing story of this book, please make a journal entry at our site with the BCID (bookcrossing ID) on the bookplate. BookCrossing is free to join and confidential. You don't have to join to comment. Add your experience to this book.