A Time To Mourn, A Time To Dance: Help For The Losses In Life (HB)

by Various | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by book_drunkard of Osgood, Indiana USA on 11/16/2008
Journal Entry 1 by book_drunkard from Osgood, Indiana USA on Sunday, November 16, 2008
Picked this up at Goodwill.

Journal Entry 2 by book_drunkard from Osgood, Indiana USA on Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I found comfort in this book.
Passing it on to a fellow BCer who can use some comforting also.

Journal Entry 3 by book_drunkard at on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (1/14/2009 UTC) at

Sending hugs and healing prayers along with this book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBkind2bookswing from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Thanks so much for this unexpected and very much appreciated book. I am so touched that you thought of me and my family. Losing Catie was hard. She fought bone cancer for almost 4 years and lived each day to the fullest. Her legacy continues to touch others. Some of her classmates biked from our hometown to Austin TX - a journey of nearly 1200 miles. They are going to do it again this year and hope to make it an annual ride. (Austin is the home of Lance Armstrong and the Armstrong Foundation. They have raised money in Catie's memory and donated part of it to the LAF and part to a scholarship for cancer survivors in her memory).

I will read this and pass it on to someone else who needs comforting words. Thank you and God bless.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, February 02, 2019
This was a RABCK from a friend and fellow bookcrosser following the death of my daughter. I have read it several times over the years and always found things of value and comfort. I was re-reading this at the beginning of this year and decided to (finally) journal this and release it. It is time.

This was a lovely book with pretty illustrations. There are discussions of not only the final losses - but other losses like divorce or losses of pets or material losses through natural disasters like fire or tornadoes or even robbery. The book is divided into 3 parts - dealing with grief, no matter the source; types of losses; and finally how to help others that have suffered a loss. There is a wealth of information and the book includes a lot of Biblical quotes as well as a bunch of readings applicable to particular situations (when needing comfort or when seeking hope). There are also support resources included (although no web addresses as these are constantly changing). This is a nice book and I have referred to it often over the years. Thank you, Edwina. <3

Bible quote from this book that I always find of comfort:

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, February 02, 2019
Reserving for Booklady's Nonfiction VBB

Journal Entry 7 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Monday, September 21, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (9/22/2020 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sending from the Nonfiction VBB along with a second / related RABCK.

I hope you find this as lovely and comforting as I did.

Journal Entry 8 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Tuesday, September 29, 2020
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, Bkind2books!!!đź’– This book arrived today (28 September 2020) [and included a greatly appreciated "Bonus Book" Surprise RABCK...Poems of Solace and Remembrance https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/12076467] as one of my selections in Round 12 of booklady331's Nonfiction Virtual Bookbox. https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/518393/9572676?page=5
My first page turn bore the book's epigraph, and one of my most favorite Bible Scriptures...

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NIV