*The Pact: A Love Story

by Jodi Picoult | Women's Fiction |
Registered by bearyfriend of Singapore, Singapore Singapore on 11/14/2008
Journal Entry 1 by bearyfriend from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Friday, November 14, 2008
from back cover:-

From New York Times bestselling author Jodi Picoult - one of the most powerful writers in contemporary fiction - comes a riveting, timely, heartbreaking, and terrifying novel of families in anguish and friendships ripped apart by inconveivable violence.

Until the phone calls came at about three o'clock on a November morning, the Golds and their neighbours, the Hartes, had been inseparable. It was no surprise to anyone when their teenage children, Chris and Emily, began showing signs that their relationship was moving beyond that of lifelong friends. But now seventeen year-old Emily is dead - shot with a gun her beloved and devoted Chris pilfered from his father's cabinet as part of an apparent suicide pact - leaving two devastated families stranded in the dark and dense predawn, desperate for answers about an unthinkable act and the children they never really knew.

Journal Entry 2 by bearyfriend from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Sunday, November 30, 2008
This copy will now continue its original ray to below participants:

1. Sfogs - NZ, International OK
2. kbmarsh - UK/International OK
3. NMReader - US/US shipping
4. brianset - US/US shipping (asked to be skipped)
5. bookcraver - US <== Book is here, pending for journal and pass-it-on
6. Elina - Finland/can ship anywhere

Journal Entry 3 by bearyfriend from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Thursday, December 04, 2008
This replacement copy is now travelling to Sfogs. Sorry for taking so long to send, hope you enjoy this first ray of yours. I'll continue reading from Dabercro's copy - have been slow in reading lately.

Journal Entry 4 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Thank You Bearyfriend.
The book has arrived safely.
I'll really enjoy my first bookray!

Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!
Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!Adopt one today!
((Click on my dragon eggs it will help them grow))

Journal Entry 5 by Sfogs from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, December 13, 2008
It was a very powerful book, and a deeper insight into the justice system.
At times I felt like Emily watching over Chris at the trial, and smiling in relef at the end, that he would be able to move on.

Journal Entry 6 by Sfogs at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (12/16/2008 UTC) at Christchurch, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- New Zealand

In the post, and on it's way to kbmarsh in the UK.
As it continues the bookray!

Journal Entry 7 by kbmarsh from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, December 29, 2008
I have received this book as part of a book ring. Looking forward to reading it :-)

Journal Entry 8 by kbmarsh from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, January 04, 2009
I received this book the other day and am now ready to send it on :-)

Journal Entry 9 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 18, 2009
This must have arrived on Friday. It was in my mailbox today

Journal Entry 10 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Bearyfriend has granted me a little more time. I will I am hoping to finish quickly

Journal Entry 11 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Friday, February 20, 2009
Quick update:

I am a little over half way through the book. I should finish on Sat and mail on Sun. I will write about the book when I finish.

Journal Entry 12 by NMReader from Herndon, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 21, 2009
This is my first Jodi Picoult book. I was surprised. It was so much better than I expected.

She developed characters that I not only liked but sympathized with. She described things in ways that made it seem very real. I enjoyed the book very much and hope that Jordan and Selena explore their relationship further.

I received Sister's Keeper as a RABCK. I am looking foward to reading it

Journal Entry 13 by NMReader at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, February 21, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/21/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I mailed today.

Delivery Confirmation Number is: 0307 3330 0001 2257 3245

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 3330 0001 2257 3245
Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 2:02 PM on February 23, 2009 in WALDORF, MD 20603.

Journal Entry 14 by bearyfriend from Singapore, Singapore Singapore on Monday, July 20, 2009
I'm sorry if this ray is stalled. Bookcraver has pm'd me saying book is safely in her hands, but having some major health issues and will pass book on if she had an address. I'm not sure whether the next reader Elina has received the book, as I didn't get any reply from her either. Anyway, I'm not going to bother anymore, will leave book to its own fate now. Though disappointed, but still glad at least my new replacement has met 3 readers from NZ, UK and US.