Digital Fortress

by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Christy111 of Edenbridge, Kent United Kingdom on 11/11/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Christy111 from Edenbridge, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 11, 2008
My Dad read this book so i don't know much about it exept he really loved it!

Journal Entry 2 by Christy111 at SEFLAGS - Home Education Group in Edenbridge, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (11/11/2008 UTC) at SEFLAGS - Home Education Group in Edenbridge, Kent United Kingdom

Set the book free at our Home Education hall

Journal Entry 3 by VeganLady from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Picked this book up at Flags in Edenbridge. I have read a couple of Dan Brown novels and enjoyed them. Despite having a garage containing around 5,000 second hand books, I do not have a copy of this very popular novel and want to read it....

Journal Entry 4 by VeganLady from Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 14, 2010
I had this one on the go for a while. For some reason struggled with the getting started, kept reading the first few pages then getting sidetracked. The problem was most likely me not the book, as once I got into it, could not put it down, kept me enwrapped for a couple of days. Must get back to the household chores now it is finished.

....actually I have lots more books to read, that pile of washing might just have to wait....

Journal Entry 5 by VeganLady at Crystal Palace, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, February 15, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/15/2010 UTC) at Crystal Palace, Greater London United Kingdom

Released book to another bookcrosser. Saw it on their wishlist and PM'ed them. http://bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Shahrun

Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingShahrunwing from Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, February 15, 2010
This is a RABCK to grant a 'Wish' on my list. Thank you so much LongNeckBooks!!! I really hope I can grant one of yours some day too!

Journal Entry 7 by wingShahrunwing at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, January 17, 2013
I did not enjoy this book as much as the Da Vinci code. The cryptography elements were interesting, but the plot did not quite capture my imagination like the other book did. Having said that though, it was a pretty well crafted story, almost like real time reading, as it chronicles events that occurred over roughly 24 hour time period. I think it would probably make a good actions suspense film.

Journal Entry 8 by wingShahrunwing at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, April 04, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (4/4/2014 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

Finally, after much searching, I have found a new reader to share this book with! It's off to Germany as a wish granting RABCK. Safe travels little book and happy reading to its new reader.

Journal Entry 9 by winglitrajunkiewing at Pretzfeld, Bayern Germany on Monday, April 14, 2014
Last Tuesday, I found this book in my mailbox - with a picture postcard of central London as a bookmark. Thanks, Shahrun, for granting my wish - hope you'll enjoy The Catcher in the Rye.

During a business trip to London, I took the pic of Sherlock Holmes' study.

Journal Entry 10 by winglitrajunkiewing at Nürtingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Digital Fortress was a good read for a train ride during a business trip.

While I found some of the protagonists too unbelievably exceptionally perfect (both the leading lady and the leading man have a stunning physique and top-flight IQs; Susan also earns a hefty salary), the plot moved along quite nicely. Many chapters have a cliff-hanger ending.

Being an IT and security guy, I expected a little more "technological meat" and a little less A-team bravado. The data centers I worked in in the 1990s all had portable flashlights that would have enabled us to see just fine in the event of a power outage.

Journal Entry 11 by winglitrajunkiewing at Altes E-Werk (VHS) in Bamberg, Bayern Germany on Monday, June 23, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (6/23/2014 UTC) at Altes E-Werk (VHS) in Bamberg, Bayern Germany

Happy trails!