From Black Rooms

by Stephen Woodworth | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 11/10/2008
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, November 10, 2008
I received this for my birthday from breeze144!

From Chapters:
Natalie Lindstrom has finally left the underworld behind for a new career in the art world. But there’s one world she can’t escape: the Other world of the dead. As a former Violet, an elite crime-fighter with the power to channel murder victims, Natalie is now using her paranormal gift to summon the spirits of legendary painters. But she’s about to discover how far some people will go to keep their hold on her–and others like her…. Evan Markham, her ex-lover-turned-Violet-Killer, has escaped from prison. And he’s been made an offer he can’t refuse: Natalie. But first he must help contact a deceased geneticist whose most intriguing experiment was brutally interrupted: an attempt to manufacture Violets.

To protect her young daughter and herself, Natalie must search for the scientist’s only living test subject–a handsome but tortured artist to whom she is dangerously attracted.

For he is caught in the grip of two opposing forces, one that wants his survival, another that wants him–and anyone connected with him–destroyed….

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 19, 2009
Natalie Lindstrom is back, living with her dad and her daughter, who is a violet just like Natalie. A violet has the ability to communicate with the dead by calling their souls. Natalie is approached by a man named Amis asking her to replicate several famous paintings by allowing the deceased painters to inhabit her body in order to complete the painting. Despite the large amount of money offered, Natalie turns down the offer. Then bad things start happening. The Violet Killer we were introduced to in the first novel in this series is released, and an ex-con accused of forging ends up on Natalie's doorstep with his eyes turning a shade of violet.

True to the previous three books in the series, this book is a fast paced thriller. Usually as the series continues, the books get worse and worse but this is definitely not the case. Even better, Woodworth isn't scared to kill off main characters, which constantly leaves you guessing. I'm interested to see where this series will go next (if it does?).

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, May 30, 2009
I'm adding this to my birthday partner's birthday package!

Journal Entry 4 by TITurtle1 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, July 16, 2009
Ahhh! Sorry Lauren! I haven't mad a journal entry yet. Thank you so much for the birthday package. And I've been in desperate need to continue this series for some time...

=]