Destinations

by Sheila O'Flanagan | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 10/25/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 31, 2011
"Destinations" reveals the inside track on the lives of ordinary commuters & uncovers the hidden links that lie beneath the surface of "anonymous" city lives...

Two eavesdropping train passengers learn more than they bargained for about their own love lives;
an office-party fling has unforeseen consequences for a young woman and for a marriage; a suburban housewife is forced to face her past when her estranged mother, famous and exotic, makes contact after many years;
an office worker who imagines herself an undercover agent finds her commute to work livened up by the daily sightings of a handsome stranger...whose life she decides to investigate;
an adopted woman journeys to meet the woman who gave her up all those years ago, and finds that all is not what she imagined...

(ex-library book)

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 31, 2011
I'm not generally a fan of short stories but thought I'd read the odd one or two while I decided what to read next - but before I knew it I'd finished the book! The tales are loosely (very loosely!) linked by the stations on Dublins Dart system. There's a good mix of romance, humour....& sadness, & some of the stories are linked & seen from different perspectives which works well.

I've had a few of Sheila O'Flanagan's novels on my shelf but have released them unread, perhaps that was a mistake!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Healey Wood Road in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (12/11/2012 UTC) at Healey Wood Road in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left in a hole in a wall

Released as part of the "D FOR DECEMBER" Challenge (#54)
& the "WHAT'S IN A NAME" Challenge (#50)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)