Possession: A Romance

by A.S. Byatt | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 009943184x Global Overview for this book
Registered by CustardMite of Perth City, Western Australia Australia on 10/24/2008
Journal Entry 1 by CustardMite from Perth City, Western Australia Australia on Friday, October 24, 2008
I loved this book. Whilst the title describes it as a Romance it is in the old fashioned sense of a story to be enjoyed as a exploration of ideas rather than a more serious or formal literary form. There is romance in the story but their are ideas, poetry, history and a mystery to be solved. It is witty, satirical, thoughtful and playful - an engaging and relaxing read where you don't have to leave your brain at the door.

Journal Entry 2 by CustardMite at Riche Chocolates in Mount Hawthorn, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, October 26, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/25/2008 UTC) at Riche Chocolates in Mount Hawthorn, Western Australia Australia

This is a terrific book. I have my own copy but picked up this one with the movie cover for bookcrossing. I prefer the old cover. I hope someone enjoys it and journals it.

Journal Entry 3 by Paul-Renevat from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Given the book by close friend Mrs-B in Chester UK who I think picked it up in WA where her daughter lives. She has not yet registered and passed it to me as she did not get into the book and thought I would enjoy it - I have really enjoyed the first quarter and I like the concept of BookCrossing. Thanks to CustardMite for the release! Hope to comment further upon completion