Calder Promise

by Janet Dailey | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 10/22/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Yearning to become her own woman, Laura Calder is dissatisfied with her life - wanting everything, yet not truly knowing what she wants. Pursued by two men, each with a hold upon her heart, she leaves the nightclubs of Rome and the manor houses of England to return to Montana and the Triple C. But nothing in her privileged background has prepared her for the danger she encounters there . . .

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 31, 2011
This is Laura's story. Laura is the daughter of Jessie and not a thing like her mother. She is touring Europe with her spoiled 'Aunt' Tara when she encounters two men: Boone Rutledge, son of a wealthy Texas cattle baron and Sebastian Dunshill, Earl of Crawford. Laura flits around Europe and eventually home with these two men dangling after her like puppies in need of a drink. There is even a scene where Laura dives naked into the Trevi fountain in Rome. Improbable!!

This is not a bad series but not great either. The stories are starting to seem the same each time. Romantic love triangle, a tad of mystery followed by the death of a character the reader loves. Enough already with the deaths

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 07, 2013
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. My mom had read a few books in the Calder series, and she listed as available to pass along to someone else.

I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Harvey's Fast Food Restaurant in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 19, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/19/2013 UTC) at Harvey's Fast Food Restaurant in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Left this at the Harvey's in Heartland.

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.