Little House on the Prairie

by Laura Ingalls Wilder, Garth Williams | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/22/2008
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I loved these books when I was a kid, and I haven't been able to give up my set, but this is an extra copy (a somewhat elderly ex-library hardback).

The funny thing is, once you start reading books with an eye toward things that might be objectionable to someone, somewhere, sometime, you can find an excuse to ban almost any book. Even this one. I never thought it was racist but apparently some people do.

This one may not be in good enough shape for the banned books box; I haven't decided yet.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 13017865 14793131 15473011 15482347

Edit 2012: I think this was a hardback with a printed cover similar to this image.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, October 25, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/25/2008 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, trades in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Don't know what happened with the release notes for this one: should say 7-Eleven near Kawananakoa School. :s

Outside the store, but under the roof so it would stay dry. :)

I'm so glad you've found this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)