Friday

by Robert A. Heinlein | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 034530988x Global Overview for this book
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/31/2008
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, October 31, 2008
An extra copy of a book by one of my favorite authors. I'll add this to my TBR stack so I can re-read it before letting it go.

Here's another copy on my shelf...and here's one more.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, August 3, 2009
Finally got around to this; Friday is a hero in her own way, and I enjoyed reading her adventures again.

Now I'll see if I can find her a new reader! This may be going out as a RABCK soon.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, August 14, 2009

Released 14 yrs ago (8/14/2009 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Going out as a wishlist RABCK (and also part of the August 2009 One Word Release Challenge).

Happy reading - make the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by rooshill from Grass Valley, California USA on Monday, September 21, 2009
Oh, I'm Terrible!!
I just found this buried on my desk and realized I'd never journalled it. Some way of showing gratitude, eh?
Thank you very much for sending it, hyphen8. I've become a big Heinlein fan in the last couple of years, so I look forward to rescueing this off Mt. TBR as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 5 by rooshill at Grass Valley, California USA on Tuesday, September 6, 2016
This book helped get me through a rough patch where I really needed some escape reading. A good adventure story, but I will say that I think Heinlein failed somewhat in capturing Friday's voice. It just didn't quite ring true as either a woman or as a person raised outside of any gender roles. Too much flip-flop between the two, and just sort of came off as a 1970s man's version of what a hot woman should be, "...think better, fight better and make love better..." (from the back cover review) which, I guess, it what she was. I still enjoyed the story.

I've been terrible for the past year or more...I read a book, put it on the journal-then-release/pass on/donate pile, then forget about it until I set the next one on the pile. I'm home alone today and decided it's high time to work my way through it.
I'm going to journal them all, then carry them along to the used book shop to trade or donate to their hosted program. (they send books to juvenile hall) Anything they don't want will go along to one of the local animal charities for their thrift shops or to the break room table at work for anyone who may pick them up.