I Heard the Owl Call My Name

by Margaret Craven | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by JessicaEby of Cambridge, Ontario Canada on 10/18/2008
Journal Entry 1 by JessicaEby from Cambridge, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 18, 2008
I bought this book used, and when I bought it there was an old book return envelope attached to the inside of the cover saying that the book was from the Independent Learning Centre at 909 Yonge St in Toronto... so I guess it's been travelling already!

Set in Canada's far west (Queen Charlotte Islands), this book tells the story of a young priest who is not long for the world, and the life he leads in a remote village of the Tsawataineuk Tribe. I found this to be a captivatingly, hauntingly beautiful story of brotherhood, respect, and love that transcends the false barriers of difference in colour, culture, and language. I'm very glad to have read it.

NOTE: Cover image not as shown.

Journal Entry 2 by JessicaEby at Tim Horton's in St. Mary's, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 23, 2008

Released 15 yrs ago (11/23/2008 UTC) at Tim Horton's in St. Mary's, Ontario Canada

I left this book on a table in Tim Horton's at 5:55 PM.

If you've found this book, thanks for picking it up and checking out its journal! If you're new to bookcrossing, welcome! We'd love it if you'd stick around with us a while. I really hope that you enjoy both this book and the whole bookcrossing experience!

Journal Entry 3 by ahfin at Trenton, Nova Scotia Canada on Monday, March 9, 2009

Released 14 yrs ago (3/9/2009 UTC) at Trenton, Nova Scotia Canada

sending to a book lover who will also pass it on