The Defector

by Mark Chisnell | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingfuturecatwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 10/10/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, October 10, 2008
From the Timaru Red Cross booksale, bought specifically for bookcrossing.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 2 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Friday, November 21, 2008
I gathered this book with glee from our OBCZ, Martha's Pantry where some Wellington Bookcrossers met with FutureCat who was visiting our city from her home in Christchurch. Just arrived at the right time t take on a flight late this afternoon to Auckland.

Journal Entry 3 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Martin Cormac is a man with a secret.

He killed 18 people. And when he did it, he just drove away, telling himself it wasn't his fault. But even Cormac, self-made city-style trader, can't live with that sort of pressure, and eventually his erratic behaviour loses him his job, his girlfriend, and his sense of self. To sort his life out he takes off to Thailand, where he frequents the beaches and the bars. Its here that he meets Janac, and his life suddenly gets a whole lot worse. Janac is an American with a taste for mind games, especially the Prisoners Dilemma. Through these psychological tricks he manages to coerce Martin into carrying a consignment of cocaine to Sydney. Martin struggles with his own moral values, delivers the cocaine but also tips off an Australian detective. Unfortunately for Martin, the policeman is one of Janacs men. Martin has failed the test, and now Janac wants to hunt him down and kill him.
-------------------------

Parts of this story bored me a little, especially the details of sailing and the techniques to keep the yacht moving) but the plot and a desire to know what happened kept me reading.
The whole question of the "Prisoners Dilemma" game was really interesting with much food for thought. Wouldn't want to be in such a position - not ever!

I won't be looking for more books by this author - there are plenty of better books around.

Released 12 yrs ago (11/26/2008 UTC) at Domestic Terminal - somewhere in Auckland Airport, Auckland Province New Zealand

Left in the Qantas Club lounge.

To the Finder of this Book-
Thank you for catching this book! Consider it a gift, but it would be great if you would let us know that the book is safe. You can read it or not, give it to a friend, leave it in a public place, or keep it forever if you want. I'd really like you to write a journal entry and share your thoughts about it.

If the concept of BookCrossing appeals to you, you may join and remain totally anonymous if you choose. The site is totally free, there are no strings and no spam involved. If you choose to join up, I hope you will consider using me, Sherlockfan, as the one who referred you. I enjoy the idea of sharing books and seeing how they travel, but I realize this idea is not for everyone.