Eat, Pray, Love

by Elizabeth Gilbert | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingCJL-230711wing on 10/8/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingCJL-230711wing on Wednesday, October 08, 2008
A friend passed on several books to me for bookcrossing. This is one of them. I've previously read this and enjoyed it very much. From my notes:

The author spent a year exploring life – pleasure in Italy, spirituality in India, and balance in Indonesia (Bali). Funny, engaging, and inspiring, this was a quick read. I read it in the hospital post-surgery which seems a good time to reflect on life and its meaning but had to restrain myself from laughing because it hurt. I didn’t enjoy the third part as much as the first two parts, but would still highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys humor and self-reflection. My daughter has expressed an interest in reading this so it's reserved for her first and then I'll think about where it's going to next.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCJL-230711wing on Sunday, November 23, 2008
My younger daughter enjoyed this and I've now lent it to a co-worker. After that I'm going to recommend it to my older daughter who doesn't read quite as much but I think this is one she would really enjoy.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCJL-230711wing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, October 14, 2010
This has book has now passed through the hands of several other readers, including my older daughter and has now returned home prior to setting out again on more travels. Not sure where it will go.....

Journal Entry 4 by wingCJL-230711wing at Park Theatre & Movie Cafe in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (12/15/2010 UTC) at Park Theatre & Movie Cafe in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

I took this to the monthly Winnipeg Bookcrossing meet-up at The Park Theatre Cafe. There were only three of us tonight (guess everyone else was busy with seasonal stuff or too cold to venture out) but we had a good time anyway. This was left on the shelf of the OBCZ (Official Book Crossing Zone) - hopefully it will find a new home soon.