War with the Newts (Picador Books)

by Karel Capek | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by davemurray101 of Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on 10/5/2008
Journal Entry 1 by davemurray101 from Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, October 05, 2008
A very funny piece of sci-fi. Satirising science, slavery. Lampooning every nationality in the process. Justifiably one of the new additions to the 1001 books you must read before you die.

Journal Entry 2 by davemurray101 from Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, December 28, 2008
Now a 1001 Bookray

LINEUP ASSEMBLED

1. Caroley (uk)
2. WigglyWoods (uk)
3. jellyfish67 (uk)
*** Book has been lost at this point .. replaced by http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/8329120
****

Journal Entry 3 by davemurray101 at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, January 05, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/5/2009 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

sent to Caroley in Birmingham

Journal Entry 4 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, January 12, 2009
Arrived today. Thanks Dave, it does look very interesting. I'm planning on getting stuck into it tonight.

Journal Entry 5 by Caroley from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, January 15, 2009
Well, what a bizarre little book that was! Not that that's a bad thing. I do like books that are a bit different.

This one had me smiling at some of the satire but in places I found it quite disturbing, mostly related to the treatment of the newts.

Thanks for sharing the book Dave. I have Wigglywood's address so I'll get it in the post asap.

Journal Entry 6 by Caroley at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, January 15, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/15/2009 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Posted 2nd class to Wigglywoods.

Journal Entry 7 by WigglyWoods from Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Monday, January 19, 2009
Received from Caroley this morning, will read as soon as poss. Many thanks.

Journal Entry 8 by WigglyWoods from Chorley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Friday, March 06, 2009
Posting off to jellyfish67 tomorrow. Thanks for the opportunity to read Dave. I struggled to get into this book but once underway thought it was well worth the read - although rather disturbing.

Journal Entry 9 by jellyfish67 from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 15, 2009
Arrived safely yesterday.

Journal Entry 10 by jellyfish67 at Accrington, Lancashire United Kingdom on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/4/2013 UTC) at Accrington, Lancashire United Kingdom

Finally on it's way to the next reader, sorry for the delay. When I finally got around to reading this I found it extremely hard going and it took me ages to read.

Journal Entry 11 by TinaJean at Talala, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, July 07, 2013
Received from jellyfish67 this past week. It looks like it's going to be a very interesting read. Thank you!