So Many Books, So Little Time (HC)

by Sara Nelson | Humor |
Registered by wingkaila-annwing of Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on 10/4/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingkaila-annwing from Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Saturday, October 04, 2008
TBR, if it's good though it may do some traveling as a ring or ray

Journal Entry 2 by wingkaila-annwing from Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Thursday, December 04, 2008
Great book in an "I can easily connect with what the author is saying" way as opposed to "I can't wait to find out what happens" way.

My review - http://lmb-ohmy.blogspot.com/2008/12/so-many-books-so-little-time-by-sara.html

I will be offering this book up for a bookring!

Participants so far:
babykittysmama (US to US)
mssaver (US to US)
Martjxox (EU to INTL)
okarih (UK to INTL)
mrbaggins1 (SA to INTL)
<--- YOU?!?!

If not then it comes back home to me!

Note: Order is subject to change based on shipping preferences and others joining the bookring.

How the bookring works:
* Someone will PM you for your address, PM them back and provide your address
* When you receive the book, please make a journal entry letting everyone know that you received it
* Put the book at the top of your TBR pile (under other rings/rays that arrived first)
* Read the book (take your time and enjoy the book, don't feel rushed to finish it but try to pass it on within a couple of months - others are waiting!)
* When the end is in sight, check the book's journal and PM the next person to get their address
* Finish the book, make another journal entry and let everyone know what you thought of the book
* Send the book to the next person on the list (please use the cheapest shipping method available), make release notes (Controlled Release) or journal entry to let everyone know that it's in the mail
* END OF THE RING, PM me for my address and send it home.

Please feel free to PM me at any time with questions

Journal Entry 3 by wingkaila-annwing at Redondo Beach, California USA on Thursday, February 26, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/26/2009 UTC) at Redondo Beach, California USA

Starting the bookring

Journal Entry 4 by babykittysmama from Redondo Beach, California USA on Tuesday, March 10, 2009
I will need to read this at a later time.

Journal Entry 5 by mssaver from Chicago, Illinois USA on Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Oh boy! I'll get started on this as soon as possible. Thanks, kaila-ann for starting this ring and babykittysmama for sending the book on to me!

Journal Entry 6 by mssaver from Chicago, Illinois USA on Tuesday, March 31, 2009
This was a delightful book. I must apologize, because I came down with a bad cold (luring me into lots of sleep) followed by a week of long hours at work, but I finally sent the book off to nattabee on Saturday, Mar. 28. It's traveling by media mail, but it shouldn't take too long to get there.

Journal Entry 7 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Sunday, April 05, 2009
Arrived safely in the mail the other day, and I just now got the chance to register it. I will try to get to it soon. It looks interesting.

Journal Entry 8 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Monday, May 18, 2009
I do bookrings and rays because they encourage me to read literature that's "out of the box", at least for me anyway. I don't know what I was expecting when I first picked up this book....I do stuff like set a reading goal at the beginning of each year, so I thought this book would be a neat read in that the author determined to read 52 books in a year.

It was good in spots. I double book like the author, and the chapter "Sharing Books Gives Me Heartburn" was humorous. The author has some good quotes about reading and books, but the problem is that I couldn't quote one of them if my life depended upon it. (It actually helped me that one of the previous readers had underlined some of the good quotes!)

The author is book snobbish, even to the point of being critical of potential friends based upon what they read. To me, that was carrying it a little far.

Overall, the book was okay. Maybe it just wasn't my type of read. I will be pming the next in line and send it off soon.

Journal Entry 9 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Found in my mailbox when I arrived home from work last night. Perfect timing as I just finished my "current" read this morning. Will get into it today - hopefully it will be slow at work so I will have time to read LOL!!! Just from the blurb inside the cover, I think I will connect with what this author has to say. Thank you for sharing and passing along!!

Journal Entry 10 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 06, 2009
I enjoyed reading this in a "I connect with what the author is saying" way as well. I kept finding bits of myself in her writing. I always have a book with me, even if I know I probably won't read - so I had a laugh at the "book in a movie" part. I always take my book along to the cinema, just in case!! I also hate making recommendations to people because I find it just too difficult to judge even if you know the person really well. I was very proud of myself that I only ran out to purchase one book that the author discussed (there was another that I am very interested in reading but it is already on my TBR!!). I connected very well with the bit about discussing current movies, tv shows, etc with others - hmmm...don't think I have ever watched that show and then the stare saying "how can you possibly live your life without watching tv??". Thankfully, I too have a very understanding husband who puts up with books overflowing everywhere in the house and knowing that part of getting myself ready to go somewhere is making sure that I have the appropriate reading material for the occasion and enough of it (or sometimes a bag of books because I couldn't decide) and also a family that understands that I love spending time with them even though I am curled up somewhere with my nose in my book!!

PM'ing next in line and will get sent on its way. Thank you for sharing!!

Journal Entry 11 by deereads at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Sunday, June 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/11/2009 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

Sent to the next in line. Thanks for sharing this with me!!!

Journal Entry 12 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Arrived safely in Vienna, Austria today. I am looking forward to reading this!

Journal Entry 13 by wolkenklang on Saturday, August 08, 2009
I really, really enjoyed reading this book. The shortness of the chapters is great, the books the author covers are partially interesting recommendations I'll be sure to check out a few of, and the stuff she writes about her family and daily activities read like a well-written memoir. I could relate to many things the author said about reading habits :)
Thanks so much for sharing this book!

Journal Entry 14 by wolkenklang at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 08, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/10/2009 UTC) at by post, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Mazzlestar asked to be skipped, hence I'll send this to lucy-lemon. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 15 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 25, 2009
This arrived the other day, and I didn't get a chance to make a JE straight away. I did get a chance to read it straightaway though :-) I thought it was really good, and there were quite a few titles that I've made a note of. Thanks for sharing!

PMed Lilacwhisper today.

Journal Entry 16 by lilacwhisper from Piacenza, Emilia Romagna Italy on Friday, September 11, 2009
It's here :)
I'm a bit stuck with my next two university exams, so I think I'll start reading in a couple of weeks, but don't worry: I'll do my best at reading it promptly and quickly!

Thanks xx

Journal Entry 17 by lilacwhisper at Piacenza, Emilia Romagna Italy on Sunday, June 06, 2010
My apologies for taking so much to read it.
I must confess I was a bit disappointed by this book. I found it very slow, possibily even a bit boring (which sounds so weird about me), and the reading tips given by the author were not particularly interesting. However, I found out there's something in common between me and Sara Nelson: the way we pile books on bookshelves, and systematically forget to own some of them :)

I'm going to ask for next participant's address. Many thanks for being so patient with me: I had no intention to become a staller, I was just overwhelmed by university exams :(

No reply from kittychia, I'm trying with wandering.

Journal Entry 18 by lilacwhisper at Piacenza, Emilia Romagna Italy on Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Will be sent in a few days to wandering, since I got no news from kittychia.

Journal Entry 19 by wandering at Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Received today, will read it after the next 1.5 bookrings that are still to be read in my house. Thanks for sharing and sending!

Journal Entry 20 by wandering at Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, September 20, 2010
I agree with many of the things said before me: I can connect with many of the thoughts as well, but I also think the author was book snobbish at times. Many recognizable things that I could have said myself, but the story didn't grab me at all and non of the books the author recommends have found their way to my wishlist. Still, I didn't put the book down: it is a nice read in a non-sticky way. I will probably forget about this book pretty quickly.

Major credits, though: the second line of the book contains my favourite English word...

Edit: sent the book on Sat. 9 October to Martjxox. Enjoy!

_____________

p.1: It's three A.M. and as usual, I'm awake, wandering around my New York apartment.

p.36: And that's how I ended up wandering to the gate, feeling like that ninth-grader who'd just finished Harry Potter.

p.226: Did I mention that it's three A.M., and I'm wandering my library in my pajamas, looking for something to read?

Journal Entry 21 by Martjxox at Perugia, Umbria Italy on Wednesday, January 26, 2011
got it and read it! sorry for the delay!