The Monk (Oxford World's Classics)

by Matthew Lewis | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0192833944 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winglunaciawing of Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 9/27/2008
Journal Entry 1 by winglunaciawing from Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, September 27, 2008
A spellbinding Gothic novel, The Monk is Matthew Lewis' most famous work. First published in 1796 and set in a sinister Capuchin monastery in Madrid, this violent tale of ambition, murder, and incest focuses on a monk's struggle to maintain his monastic vows in the face of temptation and sexual obsession.

Journal Entry 2 by winglunaciawing from Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, September 27, 2008
Read this for my "Romantic Gothic" module at the university, but must admit I don't remember much of it... I read so many books that semester! ;-)

The is on the "1001 books to read before you die" list.

Journal Entry 3 by winglunaciawing at a friend, A friend -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 03, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/3/2008 UTC) at a friend, A friend -- Controlled Releases

Given to Tanumine at the meetup today.

When Tanumine has read it, it is to be forwarded to Jannike.

Journal Entry 4 by Jannike from -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, February 20, 2010
After me, this book is going to
Haugtussa
Chickxy

Journal Entry 5 by Jannike at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, December 30, 2011
I was going through a pile of "old" bookcrossing books and discovered this book. I had forgotten that someone was waiting for it - hopefully they have forgotten to. I think it was something about the picture that intimidated me, I got the feeling that this book was a heavy read. I will not give in, but put it on my list of books to be read in 2012.

Journal Entry 6 by Jannike at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, September 23, 2012
I am not sure if I should take this book seriously or as a parody.
A rather horrible story!
It was not boring, but I did not really like it, I found it a bit depressing.

Now the book is going to

Haugtussa
Chickxy

Journal Entry 7 by Jannike at Hafrsfjord, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (10/6/2012 UTC) at Hafrsfjord, Rogaland fylke Norway

Sendt i posten til Haugtussa.

Journal Entry 8 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Tuesday, October 09, 2012
OK - I had totally forgotten about this book!
When did I sign up for this?
The joys of bookcrossing... Books land in your postbox when you least expect it.