A Long Way Down

by Nick Hornby | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by spidie of Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on 9/26/2008
Journal Entry 1 by spidie from Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on Friday, September 26, 2008
Not bad - a bit depressing at times... but funny.

Journal Entry 2 by spidie at Parkwood, Queensland Australia on Saturday, September 27, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (9/27/2008 UTC) at Parkwood, Queensland Australia

Given to friend

Journal Entry 3 by kidwrangler from Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on Saturday, September 27, 2008
Handed to me by my new friend Spidie :) Hubby has already read it and said it was a bit miserable, so I might give it a few pages before deciding if it goes onto Mt TBR or heads back into the wild. Thanks Spidie :)

Journal Entry 4 by kidwrangler at Gold Coast, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 05, 2020
A rather fitting way to kick off 2020 by reading a book that starts on NYE. This book was an interesting mix of easy reading style using multiple perspectives on a serious subject matter. Not exactly what I would consider 'comic brilliance' as touted on the back cover, but definitely worth a read... unless you're feeling depressed, as perhaps it's not the book to bring you out of it.

Can't believe this sat on a shelf for a decade before I finally read it! This will be released next time I head out to a BC meet up. Thanks for sharing :)

Journal Entry 5 by kidwrangler at Stones Corner Hotel in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 26, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (1/26/2020 UTC) at Stones Corner Hotel in Stones Corner, Queensland Australia

Time to leave my BC shelves and travel! Taking along to the Bris BC Jan meet up. Will pass along to someone there or leave nearby to be found. Thanks for sharing :)

Journal Entry 6 by bargainqueen at Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 26, 2020
Suicide has been a big subject in my work in recent years so this piqued my interest.