The Wolf King

by Alice Borchardt | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by dark-draco of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 9/25/2008
Journal Entry 1 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 25, 2008
The story is set in the time of Charlemagne, his armies posied to invade Italy. Lord Maeniel, leader of a pack of shapeshifting werewolves, agrees to help his King, but doesn't account for the actions of his young bride. Regeane, loyal and loving, is soon embroiled in her own adventure as she begins to discover her own powers. And behind them both is the shadow of an old enemy, Bear.

I have to admit to not liking this that much - the cover is probably the best bit of the whole book. The story was ok, but I was really conscious of this being a sequel and, as I haven't read the previous, found myself lost with all the characters. The author seemed to presume that you knew what she was taling about. But I did get into it and was drawn along with the faster paced action in the second half of the book. Being horsey, I obvioulsy loved the character of Audovald and the friend he gives to the Saxon.

I hope you enjoy it. Happy travels little book.

Released 10 yrs ago (9/27/2008 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Sent as a RABCK to a fellow bookcrosser

Journal Entry 3 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Thanks very much for sending me this book dark-draco. A lovely surprise!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, August 15, 2009
Action packed fantasy set in Italy in the late 8th century. An interesting mix of history & fantasy.
It turns out this is book 3 of a trilogy & I've only read the first book 'The Silver Wolf', still I didn't feel I'd missed much.

Thanks dark-draco.
I'm reserving this for Tanamo who has it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Book arrived safely today. I've read the first in this trilogy and as this is the third it probably won't get read until I manage to track down and read book 2 first. Thanks Reetpetite.

Journal Entry 6 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 31, 2012
I enjoyed the first book in this series but when I got hold of book 2 I gave up after a while as I just couldn't get into it. The same applies to this one, book 3 so I'm now making it available.

Journal Entry 7 by wingTanamowing at Cragside in Rothbury, Northumberland United Kingdom on Friday, June 15, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (6/12/2012 UTC) at Cragside in Rothbury, Northumberland United Kingdom

On bench in rock garden.

If you've found this book and you're new to this, welcome to bookcrossing! I hope you enjoy looking around the bookcrossing site. If you decide to join bookcrossing (it's free, so no reason not to if you're interested!) please feel free to list me (Tanamo) as the member who referred you. Even if you don't join I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a quick journal note so I can see where the book ended up - you can do it anonymously if you wish.