Category 7

by Bill Evans, Marianna Jameson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingHunterRyuwing of West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on 9/23/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingHunterRyuwing from West Norriton, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Hello dear reader! Welcome to BookCrossing to anyone who has picked this book up from some public location and is new to the site. And welcome back to any already existing BC member who has the chance to read this book. I hope you enjoy reading it and have fun leaving it some new place for others to enjoy as well. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 2 by wingHunterRyuwing at Wishlist RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (11/17/2009 UTC) at Wishlist RABCK, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Mailing this out to another bookcrossing member who had this in their wishlist. Please enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, November 28, 2009
THANK YOU so much for this surprise. I am looking forward to reading it and hopefully fulfilling someone else's wish by send it to them. You are so generous, HunterRyu.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, May 13, 2010
From Publishers Weekly
Evans, a meteorologist for New York's WABC-TV, and novelist Jameson (Big Trouble) pit a posse of diverse weatherfolk against Simone, a storm of unheard-of magnitude that's headed straight for Manhattan in this slow-building thriller. As it turns out, Simone isn't a natural phenomenon but the product of semimad scientist Carter Thompson, who's learned over the years to create hurricanes and move them in whatever direction he chooses. There are so many characters that it's hard to keep track of their diverse agendas, and there's a frustrating wait as the authors meticulously lay their fictional and scientific groundwork. Meteorologist Kate Sherman and CIA weatherman Jake Baxter have a secret, navy-built device to battle Simone—but it must be deployed from inside the storm. Some readers may feel Simone doesn't live up to her billing, but weather nerds should have a good time from beginning to end.

Personal thoughts: The book was slow getting started, but I felt well written. It was informative and I found it interesting. When I started the book, I thought it was going to be more about the storm and its effect on NYC. I was some disappointed. I might save this for my KTM bookbox when it makes it way back to me again.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, June 02, 2011
Plucked from the ABC Bookbox. Given all our wild weather, this looks like a fun read!

Journal Entry 7 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Just finished, and it was indeed a fun, rip-roaring read! Like booklady, I thought it was going to be more about the storm and its effect on NYC, but I wasn't disappointed that it turned out to be more how it came to be~~I was fascinated by the meteorological info, and thought the plot well-developed. It certainly kept ratcheting up the tension.

As I've just signed on for another round of the ABC box, i may end up holding on to this to give others a chance at it....who knows.....

Journal Entry 8 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, November 03, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (11/3/2012 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This wasn't even on the radar for inclusion in the Anything But Romance BB, but then I was in the back room, and listening to NPR re "Sandy's" effects on NYC & NJ, and it just seemed perfect to get this out and and add it to the box.

Journal Entry 9 by T02S03B11D20 at Springport, Michigan USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Took this out of the bookbox to read.