The Essential Jack Russell Terrier (The Essential Guides)

by Howell Book House | Pets & Animals |
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 9/19/2008
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, September 19, 2008
Bought this at a library used book sale.

Total care, training, companionship, feeding, grooming, keeping your pet healthy.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at South Run RECenter in Springfield, Virginia USA on Friday, September 19, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (9/20/2008 UTC) at South Run RECenter in Springfield, Virginia USA

Leaving this by the dog park. I hope it finds a good home with a dog-lover!

Released for the You're Such an Animal Challenge & the 366 Leap into the Wild Challenge.

Congrats and welcome to BookCrossing!
Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate KateKintail referred you.

Journal Entry 3 by Elbillaf from Lorton, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Picked it up from a park bench at the Dog Park near South Run Rec Center. Immediately went to coffee shop and read it. Pretty good. As I've had a JRT for over 4 years, I was reasonably familiar with the breed. As I read the book, I kept thinking "Yea, that sounds about right." I did pick up a few new items, though. For example, I knew that JRTs came from Fox Terriers, but I didn't realize they were a sub-breed of Fox Terriers. I had thought they were hybrids with some other terrier. They obviously look a lot alike and short fox terriers are virtually indistinguishable (to my eye) from tall Jacks. It also mentioned onions as something to keep away from your dog (as well as chocolate and medicines). That seems odd. Anyway, it was a fun read for about an hour. Probably more people should be familiar with their breeds before they get a dog. We got ours at a shelter - best dog I ever had and a book like this would have been nice to read beforehand. They're very intelligent, but also very focused, driven, and stubborn. They really need a firm hand. Gentle, but firm. They're extremely curious and you'll swear they have ADHD. No kidding. They're fascinated by everything and they love playing, running, jumping, and chasing stuff.

CAUGHT IN SPRINGFIELD VA USA