Spell for Chameleon

by Piers Anthony | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by stormysweetie of Tucson, Arizona USA on 9/16/2008
Journal Entry 1 by stormysweetie from Tucson, Arizona USA on Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Thank you for picking up this book! It isn't lost - it's traveling around the world.

Now that you've visited the BookCrossing web site, I hope that you'll make a journal entry. Please tell us how you came across this book, whether you enjoyed reading it, and how you plan to pass it along to the next reader.

Enjoy! And if you are new, or "just visiting," Welcome to BookCrossing! You'll be back...

Journal Entry 2 by stormysweetie at Waltham, Massachusetts USA on Friday, October 22, 2010

Released 11 yrs ago (10/23/2010 UTC) at Waltham, Massachusetts USA

Sending away as part of a RABCK...

Journal Entry 3 by eastbaybookmisr at Oakland, California USA on Thursday, October 28, 2010
Received in the mail today as a forum RABCK! Thank you!

1985 Del Rey paperback of the 1977 first entry in the Xanth series. Cover art by Michael Whelan. This was on my list of best past sf to read.

I can let this go after I read:
1967 Chthon [n/a]
1968 Sos the Rope [n/a]
1969 Macroscope [n/a]
1976 But What of Earth? [n/a]

Edit June 13, 2014: I loved this. I am usually not a fantasy fan, but this was a delight to read. It has lots of soft humor, a nice mix of magic and the real-world mundane, and good surprises, with an overall degree of intellect. In a word, charming. It reminded me a lot of the lightness of the Hobbit in its tone (as opposed to the brooding heavy weight of the later Lord of the Rings). I currently have this ranked at #122 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Journal Entry 4 by eastbaybookmisr at West Sacramento, California USA on Friday, June 13, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (6/13/2014 UTC) at West Sacramento, California USA

... to my brother-in-law who is a fantasy fan.

Please look her up on Google and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.